Our day in St. Thomas!

kennysahr

We did Sunny's tour during our October 1-8 Caribbean Princess cruise and loved it! It was rainy, but his "sunny personality" saved the day. He dropped us off for shopping. It took a lot of asking to find a local music store, I guess tourists prefer t-shirts and jewelry. We finally found Parrot Fish Music, just off the main street. The nice owner gave us a 30 minute tour of Caribbean music, from steel drums to Soca to other stuff. I really appreciated this as I'm a music collector (hobby) -- coming home with lots of Caribbean music (10 cds) will help keep memories of our cruise fresh.

We bought the sun-color-changing tshirts and went to each lunch. Had coconut chicken. Then back to Sunny. His tour was great - we stopped a few times for pictures and explanations. And he played this silly song and had us all singing along on the way to the top of the island. We all voted on a beach and we spent 2 hours there. It was rainy, but my wife managed to snorkel for an hour. Others ate lunch or walked around.

Beautiful place despite the rain.

Then he dropped us off and we paid him (and gave him a tip) and said goodbye. What a gentleman!

Archived