Hidden charges?

Is it achievable to finish the holiday with a 0.00 amount on your room bill?

If we weren't to have any drinks with surcharges, use the spa,shops,excursions, speciality restaurants, or buy photos would there be any other charges to consider?

Edited by Louisa1980

It's perfectly achievable to finish the cruise with a zero balance if you have a drinks package. We had a week on Thomson Majesty a couple of year ago with a drinks package. We don't do Specialty restaurants (why would you when the foods perfectly acceptable) . Certainly not into Spa treatments, the itinerary was along the Spanish coast where we are quite comfortable doing our our thing and we have a perfectly good camera of our own so why would you buy pictures. I think my wife bought a handbag on board and there was a small charge to use the save but that was about it. I don't have a problem spending my money but with the drinks package included there just wasn't any need to spend much else. We're on Thomson Spirit October I think the scenario will be the same then.

Been a few years since travelled on a Thomsons ship. Though always remember having to pay for safe key. ( used to make my Hubbie fume every time) So can't keep it down to zero. Though no other necessities to pay for.

Yes, you can have a zero spend on your onboard account BUT!

Thomson charge for the use of your cabin safe, this has always irritated me :mad:

So don't bother and take your own travel safe? Could be OK but check your travel insurance. You might find any claim for missing items is rejected if you did not use the cabin safe, if one is available. This also applies to hotel rooms.

ps - cruise companies hate passengers who don't spend anything aboard. The onboard spend generates a lot of their profits.

Edited by davecttr

Thanks all for your replies. We probably will do an excursion or 2 but just wondered if there were any hidden charges we should be prepared for as that is what attracted us to Thomson, that tips were included.

Thanks all for your replies. We probably will do an excursion or 2 but just wondered if there were any hidden charges we should be prepared for as that is what attracted us to Thomson, that tips were included.

The crew work very hard and can't do enough to make your cruise special and the majority of passengers tip their cabin stewards, wine waiters and waiters in the MDR if you sit at the same table each night.

We often tip more on a Thomson cruise than we do with other lines with daily tips which are added to your account. Some cruise lines give the option to remove them of course.

This is our choice as we really appreciate the service given.