CDN : Rebooked 2w old booking for 10% drop

ireashmott

So NCL has revised its USD-CAD exchange rate for certain cruises and the new rate for our cruise in 2017 is 0.79. As such, we rebooked our 2w old booking and saved 10%. For those Canadians out there, you may want to price check your booking.

Now if only there was a price alert or a kids-sail-free alert!

So NCL has revised its USD-CAD exchange rate for certain cruises and the new rate for our cruise in 2017 is 0.79.

I booked yesterday and they had just changed the rate to .75. Not much of a change, but maybe just check to be sure you have the best rate presently possible.

Now if only there was a price alert or a kids-sail-free alert!

Yes indeed. I am waiting for that, and hopefully the Cdn exchange rate will also improve too!

We booked a 2017 cruise yesterday as well. I was looking over the confirmation today and the exchange for our room was .79 yet the exchange for the taxes and beverage service charge was .75. Is this normal to have two different rates in the booking or did they make a boo boo?

We booked a 2017 cruise yesterday as well. I was looking over the confirmation today and the exchange for our room was .79 yet the exchange for the taxes and beverage service charge was .75. Is this normal to have two different rates in the booking or did they make a boo boo?

It is normal if their policy for Canadians is the same as the one they put in place in October. They decided to give Canadians a discount on base fare only - not taxes, service charges or anything else you decide to prepay. In October it was 10% off base fare. At some point they dropped it to 5%. Sounds like they are still giving some percentage off base fare. Anything else you prepay will be at the rate your taxes were charged at and that will be the rate you see when you logon to the site if things are the same as before.

Because of this, be sure to get a quote in US and CDN funds and compare each line, not just the overall price to decide what currency it is best to book in - taking into account anything you may prepay at the rate your taxes are charged at. I mention this because for a period of time NCL was charging 1.46 and it would have been better to pay in US funds - however, if each line of the quote wasn't compared to a booking in US$ it might not be noticed.