Cancel & rebook question

TowerOrchard

We are 55 days away from our Escape cruise on May 28th. If there is a better deal on our cruise, can we cancel and rebook? Or do we have to keep our current booking since we are less than 60 days out?

If it matters, we are paid in full. The new booking would be paying an extra $300ish for a better cabin and more perks.

Cancellation fees vary by country. Here is the US Cancellation policy, which includes penalties for cancellation. If you're looking to give them MORE money, as it sounds, then call them. They may be able to work with you without doing an actual cancel and rebook. But generally, the better deals this close to sailing are to attract NEW bookings. Not upgrade existing ones. I would not expect to get more perks. But you might get a better cabin.

https://www.ncl.com/about/cancellation-fee-schedule

Edited by MeHeartCruising

The new booking would be paying an extra $300ish for a better cabin and more perks.
They often let people pay to upgrade to a higher category after final payment without making them actually cancel and rebook, but they generally do not offer you any additional perks that were not already on your original booking.

55 days out (assuming you booked with NCL US and you are not going through a TA that imposes additional cancellation penalties), if you were to cancel outright, you would lose 75% of everyone's cruise fares, so prices would have to drop a lot, with some really valuable perks, for it to make sense for you to cancel and rebook.

Thanks for the info! I called, and they would let us upgrade to the better cabin but without the additional perks. We decided the additional cost wasn't worth it without the improved perks. For some reason, I thought we had until 30 days prior to sailing to cancel & rebook. Fortunately, we are happy with what we have, so no big deal.

Isn't cancellation 90 days out now with no penalty? I thought it changed. Within that 90 days the penalty is on a sliding scale by so many days.

But an upgrade (Paid to upgrade or upgrade fairy) isn't considered a cancellation is it?

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 6.0 HD using Tapatalk