Norwegian Dawn - Aqua or Venetian? Additional ?s

studygirl

What are the pros and cons for dining in either of these venues? I have read the descriptions for both the Venetian and the Aqua, but would prefer comments from recent diners. Does it make a difference as to which theme night to choose a specific restaurant?

What entertainment do you recommended not missing? What time is the early entertainment? I read on one forum that it is 7ish. Another forum said 8:30.

TIA

Maybe you could find some recent Dawn dailies for show times. I seem to remember there's an early show like 6:45 or so and then a 9:45. About the dining rooms...Venetian is bigger. Over the top Versaille kind of decoration. Gold columns, velvet covered chairs. The few times I went there, it was incredibly noisy at dinner. If you go there, you might want to go on the early side and see if you can get a table by the windows on the side. Aqua has a lower ceiling, but I didn't find it as noisy. Tables closer together in Aqua than Venetian. Aqua also uses a back portion of the room that, I believe, "sides up" to La Cucina and it is quieter in there.

We preferred Aqua. We liked that is was more casual and we loved the decor. We made dinner reservations for Aqua a few weeks before we left. We were really glad that we did. The times that were best for seeing a show the lines were really long. It was nice to just walk up and be seated.

My wife kids and I just got off the dawn last Sunday. We had the most amazing vacation ever and found The crew on board to be absolutely amazing! We ate every breakfast and dinner at the Venetian restaurants and found the food to be very very good. My son has a peanut allergy so at every dinner service they would bring out the menu for the next night and we would pre-order his meal and I really felt that Norwegian and our waiter especially when out of their way to make sure he had everything he wanted. We also saw every show offered at the Stardust theater. They offered 2 shows every night at 7 and 9 p.m. Except for one night when the showtimes were 630 and 9 PM. We found the shows every night to be very very good with my favorites being Monday, band on the run and Friday The elements show!