new to this site, LOVE IT!

honeymoon4ever

My husband and I sailed our first cruise on the Grand Princess to the Western Caribbean for our Honeymoon almost five years ago and had the most magical time EVER! (I cried on the drive back home, wishing we could just remain in a state of "perpetual cruise" forever)

For our fifth anniversary we have booked a cruise on the Caribbean Princess, April 29th, 2006- to the Eastern Caribbean. This time however, we have two other couples who have never been on a Princess Cruise before sailing with us! We are so excited!

After reading some bad reviews of the ship from other sites I started to get scared and wondered if we had made a mistake. I'm so happy to have found this site to allay my fears. There are a lot of very objective, positive people on this board, with some very helpful information.

Now for my first (probably of many) :o questions:

Has anyone sailed the CB this time of year? I am hoping that since it is late April/ early May that there won't be as many kids on the ship as later in the summer. My hubby and I are in our early 30's, have no children, and are into more of the relaxing, private, romantic feeling we had on the Grand Princess, and not looking for a "Disney Cruise".

Welcome to the CC forums!

Since spring break normally falls within the March/April time frame you may not run into as many kids in late April early May as you would on a summer sailing. I think you picked a great time of year for your second cruise and I know you will love the Caribbean Princess.

We are two that thought we would dislike this ship, in fact we swore we would never sail on it because of it's size, but wanted to try it anyway. We were pleasently surprised on how wonderful the ship and dining options were. We would definitely sail on the ship again. I think you made a great choice for your second cruise.

Happy Cruising!

Welcome from me too!

I agree with Toto, good choice for your second cruise!

Kids? Sure, there will probably be some but no, not as many as in the summer for sure.

Have a fabulous cruise but come back here often to get answers to all your questions before you leave

We have sailed the week before you for the last 5 years, in fact we will be on the CB sailing on 4/22/06. We have found that very few children are onboard at this time of year.

We sailed the Golden on 5/1/05 and again very few children were onboard. I think it's a great time of year to get away. We finally get to say good-bye to winter and the snow!!!

After doing a lot of research, we reserved our first Princess cruise in the Western Caribbean on the Star for April 23, 2006. I think this will be a cruise with a limited number of kids, just like yours. Hope both of us will have a wonderful, peaceful cruise. If you are like me, you are checking these boards daily - it's amazing how much information you can get from the experienced Princess cruisers.

Carol

Archived