cat12/9A dilemma!!

myangel

Sailing on the Carnival Glory. trying to decide on either a cat 12 suite for the 4 of us (showering/bathroom not a concern, as the boys always take showers at night) or getting a cat 9A for us and an inside for them. Can someone help me with some advice? The price difference is (total) $5284 for the Suite, versus $4684 for the 2 cabins. I do like having all of us in one room, as they are teenagers (16/18) and I probably wouldn't see as much of them if they had their own cabin. Thanks!

Sailing on the Carnival Glory. trying to decide on either a cat 12 suite for the 4 of us (showering/bathroom not a concern, as the boys always take showers at night) or getting a cat 9A for us and an inside for them. Can someone help me with some advice? The price difference is (total) $5284 for the Suite, versus $4684 for the 2 cabins. I do like having all of us in one room, as they are teenagers (16/18) and I probably wouldn't see as much of them if they had their own cabin. Thanks!

Hey there, when are you on the Glory.. we go a week from today YEAH!!!! Anyway had the exact same dilemna 9A or in our case and 11. We had the corner aft 9A on the glory all booked. We had been in an aft corner on the miracle which was awesome. We then realized it was an 11, not a 9A like on the glory. My inquiries here showed me that after having an 11, a 9a wouldn't cut muster, so we've gone back up to 11.

The suites are VERY nice. For the little extra I'd go ahead and be together, plus you'll get priority check-in via the skippers club. I'm anxious to see what other posts say.

Hi, we have done both, but our kids are younger. The suite was awesome, but I really liked having connecting staterooms, which we did on our last cruise. The two bathrooms were really nice, and having some privacy was also nice. That said, your kids will probably not be in the cabin much, which means you would get to enjoy the luxury of the suite most of the time by yourselves. Hmmm, I guess I am not sure what I would do, that was a lot of help!! Either way, let us know what you decide and have a great time! PS--if you really want to all be together book the suite, how many more times will you all go on vacation together?

Thanks for your advice! The cabins would not be connecting... It would be kind of across, ours being #8455 and theirs being #8453. The only other suite we have all been on (our first and only) was in a vista suite on the Caribbean Princess. I can't seem to find out any info as to if the suites are bigger or the same on the Glory.

I would encorage you to do the 2 rooms, no matter what they are...Teens will usually stay up very late..do you want them disturbing you at 2AM..mine had a stack of trays outside thier room almost every morning from room service..you want that knock on your door after midnight?

So...how much more for a Suite (cat 11 or 12) and an inside cabin?? Best of both worlds.....

We started out making sure our rooms were next to each other. By the 3rd cruise, we were on opposite ends of the ship,and 4 levels different.

We have a 14 year old and a 12 year old. This year we booked a category 12. The year before we booked an 11. The kids were rarely in the room, always busy doing something with other children or hanging out with friends. We had a large room to relax in, a great balcony. Showers were never a problem. While having two rooms is nice...my preference is since the kids are hardly ever there, to go with the 11 or 12.

I definitely say go for the two cabins as now you will have a HUGE balcony with the 9A and the whole family can be there together with plenty of room for morning coffee or afternoon get-togethers. Plus, the price is better. Go for it.

I have a 9A booked in December and refused upgrade to suite due to the balcony size and views. CANT WAIT!!!!!

I say go for the 2 cabins. I agree with the comments about different times, different sleep patterns and think parents need privacy. I can't imagine sharing a room with teen-age boys and not being able to enage in adult conversation/private conversation for days on end.

But then again I am always surprised when couples share their room with others. I've been married 37 years and I still need private time with my DH and I'm not talking about physical time.. I just mean alone time to connect.

I think two rooms gives you the best of both worlds. A great family vacation and an opportunity to spend quality time with your better half.

I'd say go for two...but splurge.....one should be an 11 or 12. We were upgraded and won't go back. We booked a balcony close for our boys for July. The boys will come in late! This way you can keep an eye on them..but enjoy your own time and space! :D

Momoffourboys:

I took your advice and booked a suite for us, and an inside across the hall for the boys!!! I gave up the wraparound balcony, but got a bigger cabin, and those suite balcony's big enough for me......... Thanks!

Archived