What is the difference between Family stateroom and regular oceanview?

Riley's Mom

I just booked our next cruise on the Conquest for next year and we booked a cat 6E..Family stateroom on the spa deck. I was wondering what the difference between this cabin and the regular oceanview is? I know that the cat 6E has floor to ceiling windows, but is that the only difference?

Thanks for your help.

Carla

Yep- but the window is what makes the cabin look bigger. SOmetimes the cat 6E sells for a lot more then a balcony guarantee.

your sitting area is at the window instead of by the hall as youenter into the cabin.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/87144937/87144937bJHbiN

or

http://community.webshots.com/photo/34095348/34095348oNwCDK

My aunt got one last year was upgraded from 6B to this type of room, you do get a bit more space since the window is pushed out kinda. She said it was very nice to have the large windows and the location made it easy when getting ready for dinner (she sent the boys down to the spa showers).

You get extra square footage near the window - it's like having the balcony space INSIDE the cabin. We've been in both, and the family stateroom seems considerably larger. You have a nice area between the bed and window with a table and chairs. You also still have the sofa on the other side of the bed. We LOVED the family stateroom, and we're very excited that as of right now our OV guarantee seems to be assigned to a family stateroom for our November Conquest cruise. It gives the kids extra room to play, and in the mornings I can go behind the curtains while the family sleeps and have a nice quiet breakfast at the table next to the window. That window has to be seen in person to be appreciated.

It does slant in, but it's maybe at a 20 degree angle. You can't stand right up against the window, but you can sit right at it at the table and chairs. We find the extra square footage very nice, both for that and for the fact that my kids will sit next to the window area and play, and they're not right underfoot as we walk around in the stateroom. It's also a great place to put luggage, dirty clothes bag, etc.

Archived