Tampa Car Rentals

equipaje

We are cruising out of Tampa, flying in from Baltimore the night before. Is there a rental company that will allow you to rent a car at the airport and return it at the Port of Tampa? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

No such thing. Best bet is to rent from an agency that has facilities right in the airport parking garage (i.e. not Alamo or National) then when you return car, just hop a cab to the port. It's not that far. Maybe a $25 ride. If you rent from an off site agency then you will have to take their shuttle back to terminal to get a cab, just another step.

If you are there just one night, why not look for a hotel that will shuttle you to the pier. There are lots of threads with those details. Just scroll back a few pages.

I work for Dollar Car Rental in Tampa and we shuttle people from our Spruce Street location to the Tampa port. We are going on a cruise in December and we will be using the Spruce Street location for our transportation to the port.

I'm doing the opposite - arriving in Tampa port and then flying out the next day. I have a reservation with National at the airport, and they do cruise-port shuttle bus pickup. I assume if you rent with them at the airport and then return the car to the airport the next day, they will shuttle you to the port for free, but I would call and check.

Enterprise will do this too. I'm coming in the day before my cruise and staying a day after. I figured out since I'm staying in St. Pete at my mom's condo, it was cheaper to rent a car than it was to take cabs. I'm picking up at the airport and dropping off close to the port and they'll shuttle me back to the port for free. Then I'll do the reverse when we come back from the cruise.

Just be aware that you have to pick up/drop off at the port location BEFORE NOON. The offices close at noon.

Archived