Set up my first cruise- how'd I do?

ashlyndalesmommy

Well, I just set up my first cruise for Carnival's Celebration out of Jacksonville for 5 days to Key West and Nassau the first week of April. I am going to take my mother (she's a young 53) and my daughter (will be 6 then). DH is a farmer and is funding the entire trip, but can't go due to planting at that time.

We are on the Empress Deck Stateroom E 76 (inside room). I had already heard through the years to save the $ on a room and spend it on the vacation having fun.

I just now discovered this message board and will keep returning until our trip for tips. I have already printed out the packing list I found.(thanks)

My mom went looking on Google for reviews and found some bad ones and seems a little nervous now. I found some good ones, too and sent her those links.

Anything I need to know? Good ideas for Key West or Nassau for a 6 year old?

Thanks so much!! :)

As for reviews, take them with a grain of salt. Some peopel seem to go on vacation looking for things that aren't quite right. You'll find good and bad reviews from the same ship on the exact same sailing. Go into it looking for a good time and you'll find one. :)

I'm sure you're going to have a blast!

Our first family cruise was on the Celebration when she sailed from Galveston. It was a 4 day to Cozumel and back. We had a blast. We were on the Riviera ocean view. I must admit a couple of times we had the famous "septic" smell usually on the stairs. Our kids thought it was hilarious, and it didn't last that long. It just gets your attention :eek: . Would it keep me off the Celebration? Heck no. It's a great ship.

Happy cruising,

Gayle

The Celebration is a great ship! especially for first timers.

Ask any questions here on CC, and you will get a good mix of answers.

Cruising is an attitude. Go in expecting to have a great time and you will. Things may and will happen, but do not let them get you down.

:) This is a great introduction to cruising! There is something for everyone on the ship. Explore the ports-the scenery is beautiful. Shop for straw items in Freeport, visit the Atlantis on Paradise Island in Nassau, and view the sunset from Key West. If none of this appeals to you, there are other choices you can select. Enjoy your trip-with the understanding that it will leave you wanting more.:)

go to Carnivals web page and register to use the site. after that---click onmy profile and fill in all that information..then go back in and add your bookingnumber--your cruise is now on the mainhome page. If you click on Cruisedetails it lets you see little details about your ship, port of calls, even will let you view excursions which you can book after 180 days are here

A suggestion for Nassau is to go to ATLANTIS and see the aquarium and digs. It is supposed to be phenomenal and I am sure you would all love it. I have not been there YET, but thru a ton of research, it seems to be well worth it (there are times when noone is at the entrance and you can get in free - not sure when tho) we have a group of 20 going up for the day in Feb next yr. I think it is 29.95 for the day. You can find out a LOT on the Bahamas Board about this. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=2434224

Here is Atlantis Website http://www.atlantis.com/flash.aspx

This is supposed to be one of the most amazing aquariums in the world, and it is in a beautiful location. Check out the photos.

HAVE A GREAT FIRST CRUISE!!

Loved Nassau! Took one of the ferry boats over for about 5 bucks round trip, but they left you off about a mile away and the boat was scary!:eek:

The chairs were those cheap plastic ones people have on their porches, just lining the boat on 2 decks. We took a taxi back. About $10 bucks. Worth it!;)

The Celebration was great!

Well, I just set up my first cruise for Carnival's Celebration out of Jacksonville for 5 days to Key West and Nassau the first week of April. I am going to take my mother (she's a young 53) and my daughter (will be 6 then). DH is a farmer and is funding the entire trip, but can't go due to planting at that time.

We are on the Empress Deck Stateroom E 76 (inside room). I had already heard through the years to save the $ on a room and spend it on the vacation having fun.

I just now discovered this message board and will keep returning until our trip for tips. I have already printed out the packing list I found.(thanks)

My mom went looking on Google for reviews and found some bad ones and seems a little nervous now. I found some good ones, too and sent her those links.

Anything I need to know? Good ideas for Key West or Nassau for a 6 year old?

Thanks so much!! :)

As noted by others, take the reviews with a grain of salt....maybe a bunch of grains. I've NEVER had a bad Carnival cruise and I don't plan on having one any time soon.

I say it that way because your attitude makes a world of difference in how things go and you seem to have a perfect one.

YOU NEED NOT WORRY

Others might, but not you

Like you say, come here to the CC board with all your questions, we love to talk

Archived