Extreme anxiety about cruising with my children

TheJ6

I want to tell the OP something she may not be aware of with regards to the little one and her health issues. You may want to discuss this with her doctor before you book this cruise. Cruise ships can SOMETIMES have issues with highly contagious viruses such as Noro. Now, I'm not trying to throw cold water on your plans, but with a child who has the health issues such as yours, you need to know about these things. Now I know that viruses exist everywhere, but it's very different when on a cruise ship compared to when you're at home and close to your own doctors.

I hope it all works out for you and your family.

We went on a cruise in February -- it was my fourth, but my wife's first. She was excited about the trip, but once we boarded, she found herself becoming increasingly anxious about being on the high seas. She even woke up on the second day covered in hives. What's funny is that she is a commercial airline pilot! She even admitted to finding comfort by looking at the clouds instead of the water. By the second day, she was completely fine and we have booked another cruise for next March.

I wonder if it might help for you to research the heck out of the ship, the itinerary, etc. I did that, mostly because I was excited about the trip and wanted to start experiencing it ahead of time, but I did notice that when I boarded, there was a certain familiarity to it. Cruise Critic has thousands of photos of every ship afloat, and reviews written by first time and veteran cruisers alike. And I'm sure you'll find kindred spirits on one of the cruising with kids threads.

I hope you can enjoy your trip -- it sounds like you have a very full plate, and it would be a shame to not be able to relax and take advantage of all a cruise has to offer.