Currently on the Magic!

Jesse1179

Since it's such a hot topic, I wanted to give my thoughts on the new menu and dining room setup. The most important part of dining is the food, and I'd have to say I prefer the old menu hands down. Now the food was good, but I feel like the old me u had more selections and more things I liked. But I definitely did not leave the MDR hungry, ever! The Ox tongue was very good, the lasagna was very good, the ravioli wasn't very good...in short, we enjoyed the food but have definitely had better with the old menus.

As far as the setup, I personally was a fan of no table cloths. The water being right there on the table was an added bonus, and we really missed that on formal nights. The bread baskets were good but there was one bread with cranberries that I loved, but they only had one piece in each basket, and it disappeared after the second night. I just went with a different carb selection lol

Service was above and beyond as always. Our wait staff knew after the first night that I wanted two scoops of vanilla ice cream with dessert. When my wife didn't like the ravioli, he happily took her plate and replaced it with something better. We always got what we ordered, and it was never too long of a process to finish our meal.

The food was never hot, but it was certainly warm enough to us. We aren't hard to please, so all of this is from a couple of Cajuns who live a simple life and appreciate things more than most people. What really put my appreciation over the top was watching how busy the galley was during the Chef's Table. You never really understand how hard these folks work until you see it in action.

Congratulations on your marriage! What a wonderful way to celebrate and I'm glad to hear you had such a great time :)

I was wondering if you ever saw or visited the Tandoor food station? According to Carnival this is on this ship, but I know from past experience it's only on some days. We sailed 6 years ago on the Splendor and just loved this. Did you see or sample it?

You are going to love the cabin.

We always get the J .... the secret doors take you right outside to the bow too...

Order breakfast and take it out there..

Enjoy your cruise.

We go in 42 more Saturdays

Thank you so much for a post dry dock Magic review :) Ive got 19 more days before I board for the same intinerary and am really looking forward to it! We are all the way forward in a 4J cabin looking straight out to the bow of the ship.

Thank you for the review... looking forward to my cruise on her Super Bowl Sunday of 2017...

Glad you enjoyed it and congrats on your marriage..

May you have many enjoyable yrs together and more cruises.

Congratulations on your marriage! What a wonderful way to celebrate and I'm glad to hear you had such a great time :)

I was wondering if you ever saw or visited the Tandoor food station? According to Carnival this is on this ship, but I know from past experience it's only on some days. We sailed 6 years ago on the Splendor and just loved this. Did you see or sample it?

Saw Tandoor but didn't get to try it. Kind of regret that but there are SO many places to eat! Sorry I can't provide any info!

And again, thank you all for the well wishes!! :)

Thank you so much for a post dry dock Magic review :) Ive got 19 more days before I board for the same intinerary and am really looking forward to it! We are all the way forward in a 4J cabin looking straight out to the bow of the ship.

So are we - same sailing! Deck 10 :D

We sailed the Magic last month. I tried Tandoor. Indian food is not my cup of tea but it looked really good and you know what? It WAS.