4/8-4/9 I 65 South Closures in Birmingham, AL

Heads up to anyone driving to New Orleans this Week-End...

Drivers should expect significant traffic delays on Interstate 65 southbound over the next two weekends as roadwork prompts lane closures.

The Alabama Department of Transportation will be finishing work that is part of a project to raise bridges over I-65 North at the I-59/20 interchange. One lane will remain open.

The first segment of work will begin Friday at 7 p.m. and require the closure of the left two southbound lanes. Afterward, the right two southbound lanes will be closed. The ramp from I-59 south to I-65 south will be closed from 7 p.m. Friday until Saturday evening.

Source

Heads up to anyone driving to New Orleans this Week-End...

Drivers should expect significant traffic delays on Interstate 65 southbound over the next two weekends as roadwork prompts lane closures.

The Alabama Department of Transportation will be finishing work that is part of a project to raise bridges over I-65 North at the I-59/20 interchange. One lane will remain open.

The first segment of work will begin Friday at 7 p.m. and require the closure of the left two southbound lanes. Afterward, the right two southbound lanes will be closed. The ramp from I-59 south to I-65 south will be closed from 7 p.m. Friday until Saturday evening.

Source

Thanks for this info. Luckily, we are driving for a cruise from N.O this weekend but will leave Friday morning.