Mini-Suite question

luvs2beachit

We are booked in the CB, currently in a BB balcony on the Carb deck. I do love those cabins because of the bigger deck, however, on this cruise, I am traveling with my sister who has mobility problems and who often sleeps sitting up in her easy chair so I am thinking that having a couch for her to sit on might be a good idea. I wouldn't even consider the move if I could be assured that I could get a comfortable chair brought into our BB cabin so she wouldn't have to always sit in her wheelchair. She can walk but tires easily. Now my concern with the mini is the shower / tub. Are they separate or is the shower in the tub? She could never climb into the tub. Thanks for your help.

Judie

It is a tub/shower combo. You have to step up a little bit. You also have to step up to get in the bathroom. Have you considered an accessible cabin? I am thinking that if she can't step into a tub, she may not be able to step up into the bathroom.

I looked at the Handicapped Cabin Accommodations on the Sapphire recently(think CB is similar) and was amazed at the space of those cabins. You have the same amount as a min-suite, or very close. Besides the bed, there is a full size couch and another chair. The bathroom was enormous with a shower that was wheelchair accessable and handrails, etc. It was an inside cabin, but wow... great space. Check your deck plan..maybe they have some outside ones. The ones (I saw several) were on Emerald Deck aft.

Thanks for all your responses. I had suggested an accessible cabin early on but my sister didn't want to give up the balcony or be away from the rest of our family who are in 5 cabins on our deck. She can walk but I am concerned about her getting in an out of the bathroom. I will check out the handicapped cabin availability and suggest it to her again. If she is resistant I am considering bringing a small step for her to use to get into bathroom. I used to worry about bringing the right shoes now I will have to figure out how to pack a step!!

Thanks for your suggestions. I will not bother with the mini and will just stay in the cabin we have if the handicapped one is not an option.

Judie

Archived