Carnival Magic Review - March 27 - Spring Break Cruise

queeniesgirl

Just some random final thoughts......

I pre-ordered 2 of the 12-packs of water. They were in our cabin when we arrived. We put them in our frig and enjoyed them all week.

I'm amazed at the friendliness of the staff. All of the staff. They remember you by name, get to know your likes/dislike, are so friendly.

We never waited more than 5 minutes in line for anything. Guy's Burgers, Guy's BBQ, pizza, buffets. And this was a FULL ship since it was Spring Break.

Both of our cove balcony cabins were quiet. Depending upon the location, sometimes there can be galley noise. Nothing in ours!

We booked our next cruise the last day at sea to get the OBC. We know we will cruise sometime again in the next few years so it was a good chance to get some free money.

All of us agreed that we would probably not cruise from Galveston again. This must be a convenient port for people that live within driving distance. But it is cheaper for us to fly to Florida and the transfers are more convenient than Galveston.

There always was a place to sit on sea days. Granted, we went out on the earlier side, but deck chairs seemed mostly available. There were those that would throw their towels and leave for extended periods, but never heard any major problems or fights. We also were not around the main pool on sea days so it might have been different there.

We liked the American Table. I didn't miss the table cloth. I liked having the water on the table to refill our glasses as needed and liked the bread basket on the table too. I didn't notice any decline in the menu. All of our food was very good and there were constants (steak, chicken, salmon) each night, as well as specialty menu items and a port-of-call dish.

Guy's Burgers and BBQ are a must. You will not be disappointed!!

The Cheers program definitely worked for us. It was nice to try new drinks, order something new if we didn't like current drink, get sodas and bottled water throughout day, and enjoy the coffee bar. It was especially nice not to worry about a bar bill at the end. Our friends enjoyed the higher-end glasses of wine too.

Our sailing had a very active Facebook page prior to the cruise. One member created door signs for anyone in the group that wanted one. It was fun seeing them posted around the ship.

I bought a charger from Amazon prior to sailing. This worked great. It had 3 plugs and 2 USB ports. I also got these herbal sea sick patches. None of us are prone to motion sickness, but we all used them at some point and loved them.

Our cruise director was Schwartz. He was lively, fun, active, present, attentive, not overbearing or annoying. We liked him a lot.

As you can tell, we are a group of women that just go with the flow. This cruise exceeded all of our expectations. This was the first time on Carnival for our 2 friends and they said they would definitely sail this line again. We loved the Magic. I'm sure if I looked hard enough I could find something the complain about, but that's just not us. We had a great time!!! If you're lucky enough to sail the Magic any time soon, I hope this review helped. Enjoy yourself; it's a beautiful ship with a wonderful staff.

(Now we are onto an Alaskan cruise with Celebrity in June. I've been looking at those boards, but feel free to contact me if you have any recommendations.)

Thanks for reading.........:)

How crowded was everything? We are sailing the Magic Christmas week. I am assuming the crowds for Christmas are similar to Spring Break crowds. just wondering how long lines were and did it feel overly crowded at all times.

How crowded was everything? We are sailing the Magic Christmas week. I am assuming the crowds for Christmas are similar to Spring Break crowds. just wondering how long lines were and did it feel overly crowded at all times.

We never felt like it was crowded and we had a full ship. Five minutes was longest wait in any line.

Thanks so much for your extensive, funny review! I read it out loud to my husband (which he normally HATES) and he enjoyed it also. We're on an October cruise out of Canaveral on Magic and now can't wait!!!! Gotta try me some of that Creme Brulee (: . I'm an Ohio girl myself, and appreciate the good vibes of your cruise!! Jen

Hi. We were also on this cruise. Most of the time, it did not feel crowded. However, on sea days, it was nearly impossible to find more than one deck chair by either pool and the lines at the breakfast buffets were long. Still, the lines moved so after 10 minutes we were putting food on our plates. I told my Wife, it seemed that there were about 500 too many people on board. This was also evident at the comedy shows. For two of them, we showed up about 10-15 minutes prior to start and there were zero places to sit.

Don't get me wrong, the above issues certainly didn't ruin our trip. Just giving an honest observation. We still had a great time.

You ladies sound like a fun bunch :) Thank you for your review. I know I have a long way to go but I'm already planning and dreaming of my Magic cruise in January.

Would you mind sharing your cabin number? If you already did I must have missed it. We are doing cove balcony 2254 and though I *think* I've got us in a good spot, any backup opinions would be great!

You ladies sound like a fun bunch :) Thank you for your review. I know I have a long way to go but I'm already planning and dreaming of my Magic cruise in January.

Would you mind sharing your cabin number? If you already did I must have missed it. We are doing cove balcony 2254 and though I *think* I've got us in a good spot, any backup opinions would be great!

2393 for us

2401 for friends

No complaints of noise from either :)