A bit of a silly question about the #10 jitney to.....

Floridagal

Hi all -

Will be in Nassau on Saturday (Sovereign of the Seas) and plan to go to Ardastra Gardens & Zoo, Fort Charlotte, and then Pirates Museum. Based on the information that I have read on the CC board, we would take #10 jitney (tell driver Ardastra Gardens) and then could walk to Fort Charlotte and back to Pirates Museum. According to an earlier posting by ScubaGirrl, the best place to get on #10 is in front of McD's across from the BC Hilton.

This is the silly question.....Being from the city, depending on what side of the street you stand on, depends on which direction the bus goes. Which side of the street should we stand on? In other words, how do I know we are headed in the right direction, or do the buses just make giant circles and we have to ride it out? Many thanks!! Floridagal

You pick it up on the McDonalds side of the street to head OUT of town.

Ardastra Gardens is just a few blocks out of town. You'll get dropped off at Arawak Cay, cross the street (there's a sign) look up the hill. The Fort is to the left, the street to Ardastra Gardens is straight ahead.

You should have no problem.

Here's a map that may be helpful

http://www.bahamasgp.com/islp-map-nasscomm-w.html

The port is 9

The Hilton is 8

and the drop off is at #5

You want to go to #1 and #3

The Pirates Museum is located in the small cross street just in front of the British Colonial (on the map it's just North of #27) Easy to find.

actually, we walked!

It's about 1, maybe 2 miles if I remember correctly, and a bit uphill and although I'm "fluffy to the max" I am an avid hiker and really enjoyed the walk.

Very pleasant way to get there in the early morning.

Astrada is great -

we fed the Lorries and I have some terrific pix from there. I also go picked to stand witht hte flamingos as they marched! What fun!

We then walked all around Fort Charlotte, the steps, straw gardens, beautiful!

Archived