Room service on CB

LeopardGirl2

Is it possible to order dinner entrees off the room service menu? I don't mean the ultimate balcony dinner. :)

There are a lot of "answers" to this. Some say "yes, no problem". Others say "Yes, if you're in a suite".

We tried once and they let us but it took the person who answered the phone's supervisor to get it done. That person told us that they normally did NOT do that but that they would this time.

I never tried again because I felt like it really was NOT what they do.

The ones that say they will will tell you to order everything you think you need the first time, all the way down to salt and pepper, because they bring exactly what you want. We DID find that to be true the one time we did it.

Also, tip them well for that, like five bucks or so should do it.

There is a very nice breakfast package which includes a 4 course breakfast and a split of French champagne that you can order pre-cruise that's just $25. It's a great gift to give and really quite a good value. On that one too, pencil in anything else you want and they'll get it for you.

We love their room service and have always had great, prompt service. I just got the idea that they really don't want to do dining room in your room.

Because of the new 'Ultimates' in dinner and breakfast that are $25 per couple for breakfast and $100 per couple for dinner, I think that Princess is now trying to phase out ordering things not on the room service menu. Especially on the larger ships.

It is always worth a try if you want to, but be prepared to be told no, just in case.

Yes, I would assume with the "Ultimate" packages CB would not be in favor of serving dinner off the RS menu. It would have been nice to enjoy a lazy, private dinner on our balcony as we have never used RS on past cruises. We always look forward to the socializing at dinner! :)

For us the answer was no. I had some motion sickness one night and didn't feel up to going to the dining room - so DH went downstairs to see if he could order something from the restaurant (either thru them or thru room service) and we were told no that it wasn't possible. We spoke to others during the week who were also no able to order it either.

It may depend on who you ask, what week, how crowded the ship is etc.

We tried this and the person who answered the phone told us that they really don't have this service but when I mentioned that my friends done this in the past, he was happy to take the order. He did say it would take about 45 minutes because they were busy in the dining room (it was about 6:00pm) but they arrived in 20 minutes.

Archived