Dawn 9506 Club...The Suite Life

angeljt

Hello again all of you 9506 ers..... Thought I would start a new thread for us and anyone else who joins us. Having great weather and the time of our lives!!!

Cruising the days and nights away!!!

Jackie:cool: :D :)

Gus,

I am sooooo jealous. So far no one has 9506 for 10/30 so treat her gently. You may be the last occupants before we get there. Don't wear Denny out he's got to be well rested to bring me breakfast every morning:D

Don't you just love the sound of that? Breakfast everyday....SAY IT WITH ME GUS!!!....breakfast every day....sigh. :p

Glad to hear you're getting great weather Jackie! I'll be part of the club in 3 days !!!! Can't wait! :)

Gus,

I'm guessing you are in 9506 right now. I was trying to figure where to leave you a note that they wouldn't clean away. Enjoy that comfy bed and pillows at the end of a long day at sea. Hope you're having fantastic weather just as we did. Sure miss that room along with Denny, Irene and Gene. They were all great and did a fantastic job. I can't say enough about them, always smiling and pleasant while hard at work. Please tell Denny that I hope he is feeling better. Claudio also did a great job for us along with Benny, Sylvia and Cheche at the Star Bar. Don't miss the Martini Clinic. A great place to meet new friends. We were up at the Star Bar every day. Sylvia has gone home for her 2 month vacation, but Benny makes the best martinis around and is a wonderful person along with Cheche. Both very warm and a lot of fun.

Hope you're having a wonderful time and wish we were back there with you.

Counting the days again....

Jackie:cool:

Thanks for the tour Jackie- I enjoyed it-- Hope you had a great time!!! Thanks again!!

Carol

Carol,

We had a wonderful time, thanks. Just wish it didn't go by so quickly. I will be posting pics from last week soon. Those pics were from December 2003.

I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Jackie :cool:

Jackie,

I hear the authorities already have plans in place to pry you from the room. So go quietly, don't make a scene.:p

I'm hoping they won't have too much practice when my turn comes.

Amy,

We took very good care of her for you. I bet you're jumping out of your shoes right now with the waiting. It will be here soon enough, so enjoy the anticipation. It is a big part of the excitement.

The authorities sure did have to pry us out of there. We discussed where we could stow away and my husband decided we should pop the ceiling tiles and hide there. Wish we did!!! he he

I'm excited for you. We had a ball and enjoyed every minute in 9506, but the first time is the best with everything being new to you and so many great surprises to come. Let me know if you have any questions about anything.

Back to soon to counting the days again...

Amy,

We discussed where we could stow away and my husband decided we should pop the ceiling tiles and hide there. Wish we did!!! he he

Yeah..it might have been a little frightening lying in bed looking up at that mirror and seeing two extra sets of eyes looking back:eek:

Yeah..it might have been a little frightening lying in bed looking up at that mirror and seeing two extra sets of eyes looking back:eek:

Amy,

I think so.... ha ha... I will try to post my pics this week so you will have a little preview. I've got one of the mirrors over the bed.

Jackie do you have a list of the liquor they let you pick from for your three bottles. We would like to know what is on the list.

Here is the list we had to choose from (any 3):

Beefeater Gin

Whyte & MacKay Scotch

Jameson's Irish Whiskey

Absolute Vodka

Jim Beam Bourbon

Seagrams VO Rye

Bacardi Blanca Rum

Jose Cuervo Tequila

Cinzano White or Red Vermouth

Harvey's Bristol Cream

Sandeman's Reserve Port

Courvoisier VSOP

Benedictine

Kahlua

Cheers!

Yes, it sure would.... I have some pics we took of those mirrors. I'll try to get them up before your cruise...

Jackie do you have a list of the liquor they let you pick from for your three bottles. We would like to know what is on the list.

I don't have the list, but they changed the vodka from Absolute to Gilbeys. We weren't too happy about that, but we drank it. Ha Ha..... We got two bottles of vodka and one Kahlua. Wish I could remember the other offerings, but NYHartChapp's list should help. There didn't seem to be as many to choose from this time, but I do remember they had Courvoisier also. I don't remember the other brands. I didn't remember seeing the Jamesons, Vermouth or Sandeman's port, but I could be mistaken.

We could have walked on the ship in San Juan with our liquor, but we still had plenty in the room since we did a lot of drinking in the Star Bar every day. Seems they loosen up security for the liquor carried on as the days go by. In St. Marteen, we did take a bottle of Absolute on.

I also asked Denny for some Bloody Mary mix. Last time it was Mr. & Mrs. T's, which we prefer. This time it was another brand that we thought was a bit thick, but still drinkable. No little straws for drinks on the rocks, only big straws and wooden sticks to stir with. Just small things, but I thought I would mention them. We brought one bottle of Mr. & Mrs. T's with us and mixed it with the one he brought us, so we had enough for the whole cruise. I also brought Rose's Watermelon Cocktail Infusion Mix for Watermelon Martinis. I had Just Peachy martinis and Terry had the Big Apple martinis every night in the Star Bar. We really enjoyed our time there with Benny, Sylvia and Cheche and a lot of our new friends. Don't miss the Martini Clinic. They had two of them on the 10 day cruise.

Sorry for the rambling, but my mind is still in 9506.

This probably sounds stupid...but..do I have to worry about getting half and half for my drinks. I like white russians but they are mostly cream. Should I bring some or will I be able to get enough from the butler?

Also how do you make the marguiritas with the tequila? Is there a shaker for the mix or is it liquid?

Told you these were stupid questions...don't drink much:o

Uh Oh... DH just packed the magic bullet:eek:

magic bullet? are you guys planning on having more kids? I can't think of a more romantic venue to conceive the little future cruisers ...

<ahem, this is in jest, great idea!>

ps this post is actually TrinaLC, not DH Chapp ...

magic bullet? are you guys planning on having more kids? I can't think of a more romantic venue to conceive the little future cruisers ...

<ahem, this is in jest, great idea!>

ps this post is actually TrinaLC, not DH Chapp ...

I hope I said the right name. The magic bullet is this little blender. Or maybe I just don't know sarcasm when I see it.:D

This probably sounds stupid...but..do I have to worry about getting half and half for my drinks. I like white russians but they are mostly cream. Should I bring some or will I be able to get enough from the butler?

Also how do you make the marguiritas with the tequila? Is there a shaker for the mix or is it liquid?

Told you these were stupid questions...don't drink much:o

Amy,

If I recall correctly, there is a shaker..not a blender.

I'm sure your butler can provide half 'n' half. Just ask..they seem to provide anything that the bars use.

I requested bloody mary mix---it was thick...so I ordered tomato juice each AM with breakfast and thinned out the bloody mary mix with the tomato juice in the evening.

I would suggest that you order your mixers at the same time that you order your liquors. Don't be worried about asking your butler for anything...they will accommodate whenever they can.

Same goes for concierge.

TrinaLC...

And...you never told Greenie & I that you brought the "magic bullet" hmmmm! ~ not sure the butler provides that!!!!...just kidding;)

Archived