Dawn 9506 Club...The Suite Life

angeljt

This probably sounds stupid...but..do I have to worry about getting half and half for my drinks. I like white russians but they are mostly cream. Should I bring some or will I be able to get enough from the butler?

Also how do you make the marguiritas with the tequila? Is there a shaker for the mix or is it liquid?

Told you these were stupid questions...don't drink much:o

Amy,

You have come to the right person regarding drinking. Ha ha... We like our cocktails! Yes, Denny will bring you all the half & half you need, but they will be the little containers that are for you coffee. You can also get whole milk, which we did and keep it in your fridge. I also brought a couple of cans of evaporated milk which makes a very rich and creamy Black Russian or Kahlua Sombrero. You might want to try it at home before bringing it in case you don't like it. I also brought the Rose's Watermelon mix and Denny brought me a shaker to mix the Watermelon martinis in. I believe the mix for margueritas will be liquid, but not positive on that. Just a guess. He also brought us a long spoon and there are bar tools on the bar. We had to ask for ice once in a while even though they fill it twice a day. When he saw we had people in the room, he would automatically bring us a bigger ice bucket. It's almost like magic.

Not stupid questions at all.

Jackie :cool:

The drink mixes (margarita) that denny brings are liquid, in a carton (like milk). I believe it is the same mix they use in the bars.

TrinaLC,

I guess you had the Margarita's. I wanted to bring Rose's Lime Juice and Triple Sec, but DH Terry said I already had enough mixers. We did! Denny is great, isn't he!!! He tries to do and give you anything he can. He had just come down with a sore throat the last couple of days of the cruise. Hope he's feeling better. Not a good job to have when you're not feeling good.

Jackie:cool:

Glad to hear you're getting great weather Jackie! I'll be part of the club in 3 days !!!! Can't wait! :)

Gus,

Gus,

We all know you're having a great time and we all wish we were there with you. Looks like a nice day from the WebCam, but I don't see anyone in that hot tub. Enjoy yourselves!!!

• 2 weeks later...

All I can say is WOW! What a room! It was simply amazing. The service that Denny and Claudio provided was excellent! If anyone has the budget or the chance for an upsell, TAKE IT!

Its going to be tough going back to a balcony room in december :(

TrinaLC...

And...you never told Greenie & I that you brought the "magic bullet" hmmmm! ~ not sure the butler provides that!!!!...just kidding;)

But I bet the butler would provide extra batteries! You know, for the ... BLENDER.

:D

All I can say is WOW! What a room! It was simply amazing. The service that Denny and Claudio provided was excellent! If anyone has the budget or the chance for an upsell, TAKE IT!

Its going to be tough going back to a balcony room in december :(

Gus,

Isn't that room great!!! Glad to hear that you enjoyed it. Denny and Claudio were both fantastic. I'm hoping Denny was feeling a little better by the time you sailed.

Maybe you'll get another upsell in December.

just thinking about it ....

waaaaaaah!

I know, I know.... it goes by soooo quickly. What would we do if we all decide to go on the same cruise? They'll be a price war over 9506. I would be happy almost anywhere on a cruise though. I did pick up some brochures a couple of days ago...can't hurt to look.

Gus,

I'm hoping Denny was feeling a little better by the time you sailed.

Maybe you'll get another upsell in December.

Denny seemed to be doing fine. He didnt mention anything about feeling sick and always seemed to be in a good mood.

As for the upsell in December ... looks like the Spirit is completely booked now :( My father did book a suite though, so looks like we'll be spending time in his room :)

Denny seemed to be doing fine. He didnt mention anything about feeling sick and always seemed to be in a good mood.

As for the upsell in December ... looks like the Spirit is completely booked now :( My father did book a suite though, so looks like we'll be spending time in his room :)

Glad to hear that Denny was feeling better. He had a sore throat and was a bit under the weather the last couple of days we were there. He never let it interfere with his work though. He is really looking forward to going home for the birth of his new 'son'.... He thinks it's a boy this time.

Glad to hear you'll get to hang out in your dad's suite in December. Sounds good to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

the 9506 saga continues! We are looooving this cabin. My husband has abandoned our plans for the Brilliance next year and looking into booking this cruise for the same time period.

Jackie we gave Denny your best. He is sooo sweet. We ordered from Cagney's in the room and I expected him to bring everything and leave. OMG he served every course separtely right down to the new silverware. He was there when the water glasses were empty when the wine needed pouring I mean he worked his a-- off and STILL served another room at the same time. I felt so guilty I decided not to order in he room anymore. BUT he brought me chocolate fondue by itself on night when he knew I was down in the dumps about something. He is Great.

As everyone knows the ship is wonderful. We have had nothing but rain in every port. It is really pouring right now in San Juan. It took me this long to get on the cruise critic board with all of the problems.

Well gotta go ...cya soon

Hey Guys,

the 9506 saga continues! We are looooving this cabin. My husband has abandoned our plans for the Brilliance next year and looking into booking this cruise for the same time period.

Jackie we gave Denny your best. He is sooo sweet. We ordered from Cagney's in the room and I expected him to bring everything and leave. OMG he served every course separtely right down to the new silverware. He was there when the water glasses were empty when the wine needed pouring I mean he worked his a-- off and STILL served another room at the same time. I felt so guilty I decided not to order in he room anymore. BUT he brought me chocolate fondue by itself on night when he knew I was down in the dumps about something. He is Great.

As everyone knows the ship is wonderful. We have had nothing but rain in every port. It is really pouring right now in San Juan. It took me this long to get on the cruise critic board with all of the problems.

Well gotta go ...cya soon

Hey Amy,

I knew you would love the room, no way you couldn't!

Thanks for giving our regards to Denny. He sure is a sweetie. Did he tell you that his wife is expecting his second baby in February? They have one little girl now and she sure is the apple of his eye. It's amazing how he knows when you need something also. Sounds like you had a great dinner. We had two dinners in the room on our first cruise, but only breakfast last time.

YUM, chocolate fondue... I only had that at the Chocoholics buffet, and it loses something when you have 5 other different items on your plate. Much better to have on it's own.

Please give him another big HI and tell him how wonderful he was for us if you get on line again to see this. Also a big HI to Sylvia and Gene although they probably won't remember us by now. I was the one that gave them the perfume. Silly me.

Sorry to hear about all of the rain you're having, but it still sounds like you're have a great time. ENJOY!!! How do you like that tub and shower!!!

Jackie,

there is a picture of Denny on our webshots page. Sylvia is not here but Irene and Gene make a great pair.

http://community.webshots.com/user/amy41753

Amy,

Thank you so much for posting the pictures and sending the link. I loved looking at them. Brought me right back there. You got some great shots and you sure are the QOTW right now.

Denny looks great in that tux. My pictures of him did not come out, but DH has video of him that I can take a couple of stills from I think. I meant to say Irene, not Sylvia. Sylvia was our waitress in the Star Bar every day and she went home to visit her family. Irene and Gene were great!

It looks like you're having the time of your lives. How spoiled are you now? he he..... Hope you're finding that bed comfy enough. Don't you love all of the spa goodies they leave you every day....

Hope the internet is speeding up a bit for you now.

Enjoy every day!!!

Thanks again, you're the best!

Amy: we got off the Dawn as you were getting on, and we had Denny as our butler. Please tell him (if you read this before you're off the ship) that Joe and Peggy from the last cruise (9002) say hello and wish him well with the new baby. He was absolutely wonderful to us, especially after I injured my back in GC. He couldn't do enough for us, and we really appreciated it!

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

I will give Denny your hellos. We were redirected from GSC and are coming straight in to NYC. We are still having a wonderful time. I am just using up my internet minutes and will post again Monday. Can't wait to see my new kitchen. Unfortunately founfd out that it will not be ready to cook for thanksgiving Oh Darn!:cool:

Guess I can't cook all those dishes and clean up after all those people that drop in unannounced.;)

Talk to everyone soon.

I will give Denny your hellos. We were redirected from GSC and are coming straight in to NYC. We are still having a wonderful time. I am just using up my internet minutes and will post again Monday. Can't wait to see my new kitchen. Unfortunately founfd out that it will not be ready to cook for thanksgiving Oh Darn!:cool:

Guess I can't cook all those dishes and clean up after all those people that drop in unannounced.;)

Talk to everyone soon.

Amy,

WELCOME HOME!!! Thanks again for posting your pictures. Just showed my Honey the picture of yours in the lounge chair in the living room. I asked him if he wanted to see who was sleeping in his bed lately. he he... He laughed.

I can't believe how quickly the time goes, but as long as we have fun, that's what is important. Sure looks like you did from the pics.

Amy: we got off the Dawn as you were getting on, and we had Denny as our butler. Please tell him (if you read this before you're off the ship) that Joe and Peggy from the last cruise (9002) say hello and wish him well with the new baby. He was absolutely wonderful to us, especially after I injured my back in GC. He couldn't do enough for us, and we really appreciated it!

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Hi Peggy,

I saw you and Joe in Charlie (ChiefD's) pictures. Mike and Loretta were in there on our cruise. Great room, isn't it!!! Heard you all had a great cruse too. You sure had a lively crowd on the boards.

• 11 months later...
Here is the list we had to choose from (any 3):

Beefeater Gin

Whyte & MacKay Scotch

Jameson's Irish Whiskey

Absolute Vodka

Jim Beam Bourbon

Seagrams VO Rye

Bacardi Blanca Rum

Jose Cuervo Tequila

Cinzano White or Red Vermouth

Harvey's Bristol Cream

Sandeman's Reserve Port

Courvoisier VSOP

Benedictine

Kahlua

Cheers!

Do they provide any mises like Margarita Mix.

Leona

Do they provide any mises like Margarita Mix.

Leona

Your butler can provide bar mixers from the bars on board -- just ask;) .

The booze list will have the same type of alcohol, but the brand names may be different.

You're going on the same cruise as my friends Bob & Stephanie -- I'm sure you're all going to have a fantastic cruise!:D

Your butler can provide bar mixers from the bars on board -- just ask;) .

The booze list will have the same type of alcohol, but the brand names may be different.

You're going on the same cruise as my friends Bob & Stephanie -- I'm sure you're all going to have a fantastic cruise!:D

Barbara

Bob and Stephanie have mentioned you a few times. I am looking forward to meeting them. We have already discussed getting together in our cabin. Perhaps I should invite them for sailaway I heard it is great from the bow of the ship.

Leona

Barbara

Bob and Stephanie have mentioned you a few times. I am looking forward to meeting them. We have already discussed getting together in our cabin. Perhaps I should invite them for sailaway I heard it is great from the bow of the ship.

Leona

I think sailaway is the highlight of the cruise!!

If you decide to have a party, whether it's sailaway or later on in the cruise, let your butler know exactly what you want. (Furniture can be rearranged/removed if necessary). A get-together with snacks would be easier to arrange after the first day.

Helpful tip: If you have a en suite party, you don't have to spend $$ on hors d'ouevres. Order the free items from the butler's menu and ask them to cut them up to snack size. (Just because you're in the OS doesn't mean you have to spend big $$ to entertain!:D )

I have a few pics of a (messy) 9506. Click the 6/5/05 Dawn cruise in my signature.

I think sailaway is the highlight of the cruise!!

If you decide to have a party, whether it's sailaway or later on in the cruise, let your butler know exactly what you want. (Furniture can be rearranged/removed if necessary). A get-together with snacks would be easier to arrange after the first day.

Helpful tip: If you have a en suite party, you don't have to spend $$ on hors d'ouevres. Order the free items from the butler's menu and ask them to cut them up to snack size. (Just because you're in the OS doesn't mean you have to spend big $$ to entertain!:D )

I have a few pics of a (messy) 9506. Click the 6/5/05 Dawn cruise in my signature.

Barbara,

Thanks for your advice. I will certainly follow itl.

Leona

Archived