yet another snorkeling ?

sln88

looking for tips

3 adults and 2 kids in Nassau 930-7 in a couple of weeks

here are my choices

1- ship tour-caribbean queen snorkel Athol island 130 pm 2-3 hrs $27 kids $37 adults

2- ship tour- catamaran sail and reef- 9 am for 3-4 hrs $31 kids $45 adults

3- stuarts cove- 12-5(but their schedule shows an hour each way on a bus- which is a downside for me). I think they are $24 kids, $40 adults

are there any others that work with the cruise passengers? or are you on your own to get to the boat launch? I have checked out other websites posted here, and the only one that mentions going to the port is Stuarts cove. How far are the launches from the port?

I have seen positive reviews on 2 and 3, but no on has mentioned going on #1(asked on Dis boards)

I would prefer not to be out with 5 million other people because I want to be able to keep an eye on my kids easier.

There was a cool looking one where you go out on a boat that has windows at the bottom and can snorkel too- anybody done that?

Grand Bahama - Sea World Explorer: Semi-Submarine and Snorkel

Because I am taking the kids, I am just looking for hassle free(and cheap-LOL)- not the ultimate experience- KWIM? #1 is appealing to me because it is shorter, but I am concerned about the lack of reviews for the place(maybe that means we will be the only ones there?)

The Caribbean Queen is a nice, relatively big, single level (if I remember correctly) tour boat. It's a good crew, goes to a nice spot at the Sea Gardens. The boat is not oversize, so you can keep track of your kids, there's seating inside and out, with open views.

Even when it's full, you won't feel crowded. Especially this time of year.

Spring Break is another story, but you'll be very comfortable on this tour in off season.

Have fun!

Archived