FLL post cruise - what to do before return flight?

Gussie

We will be arriving in the port around 7:00am, and our flight hiome doesn't leave until 2:30. It's too long to wait at the airport, and too short to do serious sight-seeing.

Would appreciate any suggestions about how to spend the time, and what to do with our luggage. We don't have a car; is it worth renting one for the few hours?

Thanks.

You're not going to have enough time to do much... The ship will actually arrive in port before 7am, but disembarkation won't begin until 7:30-8am... However the last of the passengers won't be off until 10-10:30am. FLL is also a very overcrowded zoo of an airport with very long check-in and security lines. I have seen people arrive 2 hours before their flights, and seen their flights leave without them while they were stuck in line.

Unfortunately, you are right at the time not to be able to do too much, I agree. I would have a leisurely breakfast in the main dining room and literally try to be the last off the ship; take your time; will take a few minutes to get to a taxi as there will be somewhat of a line. If you can get off at 10:00-10:30 a.m., you will probably be at the airport by 11:00 ish. If your flight is at 2:30, even being local, I would be at the airport by 12:30 to make sure I got through security etc. Yes, that security line into your concorde can be awfully long sometimes!! So you really only have about 1-2 hours to waste and that is not enough. So I would make sure I had a good paperback or magazine to read and just wait in your departure gate area - the seats there aren't too bad!! Have a great cruise!!

Pooh

Archived