Sapphire Princess Asia Cruise, Singapore, Koh Samui, Bangkok and Ho Chi Minh City

esesohsam

If anybody is considering booking a cruise around Asia, check out the short video I put together after my trip on board the Sapphire Princess. Ports included Singapore, Koh Samui, Bangkok and Ho Chi Minh City.

The Diamond Princess will be replacing the Sapphire.

We booked the 21 day cruise: Singapore, Bali, Lombok, Penang, Phuket, Langkawi, Kuala Lumpur, (Singapore), Nha Trang, Ho Chi Minh City, Sihanoukville, Bangkok, Ko Samui, (Singapore).

We already have been in Singapore, Nha Trang, Ho Chi Minh City and Bangkok and we love Asia!

Your video: really nice and professional!

Thank you for comments re video, just something I do in my spare time. As I said, if anyone is considering doing a cruise around Asia, I cannot recommend enough. I wish our itinerary had been longer but we are already looking into booking another one next year, perhaps a 10 nighter from Hong Kong.

• 10 months later...
If anybody is considering booking a cruise around Asia, check out the short video I put together after my trip on board the Sapphire Princess. Ports included Singapore, Koh Samui, Bangkok and Ho Chi Minh City.

We are doing the same cruise, can you recommend anyone for tours rather than using Princess

We are doing the same cruise, can you recommend anyone for tours rather than using Princess

We did a cruise on Diamond Princess in Nov/Dec 2016. Instead of going into Bangkok which is over an hour each way by bus depending on the traffic we took a private tour with Travel Hub. It was their Pattaya Hilights Tour. I would get them to modify it and leave out the Floating Market and include the Sanctuary of Truth. It was a wonderful day, the hilights for us being the Sanctuary of Truth and the Nong Nooch Gardens which included buffet lunch and the Elephant Show where there was no cruelty to elephants as is reported with some other elephant shows.

Go to your Roll Call and get a group together because someone will have to organise the booking, they don't take individual payments.

Our cost was US$74 or AU$97 per person inclusive of lunch and entrance fees for a group of 18 (2 x 9 seater mini buses with 2 x tour guides).

We didn't stop at Koh Samui due to bad weather but I recommend Tours Koh Samui. They refunded our pre-paid tour fees without question.

Ho Chi Min City is like Bangkok, a long drive from where the ship berths in Phu My. We took a private tour with Paul Rowe (an expat aussie) and his lovely vietnamese wife Sen. Paul has a vast knowledge of the area, more than Sen because they don't teach their own history in vietnamese schools. You'll find details here; http://besttoursinvungtau.weebly.com/

We did a cruise on Diamond Princess in Nov/Dec 2016. Instead of going into Bangkok which is over an hour each way by bus depending on the traffic we took a private tour with Travel Hub. It was their Pattaya Hilights Tour. I would get them to modify it and leave out the Floating Market and include the Sanctuary of Truth. It was a wonderful day, the hilights for us being the Sanctuary of Truth and the Nong Nooch Gardens which included buffet lunch and the Elephant Show where there was no cruelty to elephants as is reported with some other elephant shows.

Go to your Roll Call and get a group together because someone will have to organise the booking, they don't take individual payments.

Our cost was US$74 or AU$97 per person inclusive of lunch and entrance fees for a group of 18 (2 x 9 seater mini buses with 2 x tour guides).

We didn't stop at Koh Samui due to bad weather but I recommend Tours Koh Samui. They refunded our pre-paid tour fees without question.

Ho Chi Min City is like Bangkok, a long drive from where the ship berths in Phu My. We took a private tour with Paul Rowe (an expat aussie) and his lovely vietnamese wife Sen. Paul has a vast knowledge of the area, more than Sen because they don't teach their own history in vietnamese schools. You'll find details here; http://besttoursinvungtau.weebly.com/

Thanks very much, did you book most of your trips in advance or just when you got off the ship and can I ask did you did you take different currency for each place you visited?

Thanks very much, did you book most of your trips in advance or just when you got off the ship and can I ask did you did you take different currency for each place you visited?

All were booked prior to the cruise via the internet. Some we paid fully before the cruise, others we paid a deposit before the cruise and the balance in local currency on the day.

Before the cruise I applied on line for a Citibank Visa Debit card and withdrew cash from ATMs in Vietnam, Thailand and Singapore with no problems. There are no foreign exchange or ATM fees associated with this card and the exchange rate is very good. I also applied for a 28 degree Credit Card online. Again there are no foreign exchange fees and a good exchange rate. I got these cards on the recommendations of others on Cruise Critic.

Hi Glynbaz

I've bookedgeree a private driver at KL 😀

He has always replied to my messages very quickly and has sent a photo of his car and himself. He will meet us at Port and have a sign with my name on it. Loads of great feedback on him from Trip advidor regulars for KL.

Here's his e mail if this helps you 😀

Zaidii73@yahoo.com

Hi Glynbaz

I've bookedgeree a private driver at KL 😀

He has always replied to my messages very quickly and has sent a photo of his car and himself. He will meet us at Port and have a sign with my name on it. Loads of great feedback on him from Trip advidor regulars for KL.

Here's his e mail if this helps you 😀

Zaidii73@yahoo.com

Thanks for that lindyloo, I'll have a look we going in nov/dec but I'm trying to get organised x

All were booked prior to the cruise via the internet. Some we paid fully before the cruise, others we paid a deposit before the cruise and the balance in local currency on the day.

Before the cruise I applied on line for a Citibank Visa Debit card and withdrew cash from ATMs in Vietnam, Thailand and Singapore with no problems. There are no foreign exchange or ATM fees associated with this card and the exchange rate is very good. I also applied for a 28 degree Credit Card online. Again there are no foreign exchange fees and a good exchange rate. I got these cards on the recommendations of others on Cruise Critic.

Thanks linda and Lester, we'll have to look into that x

Thanks for that lindyloo, I'll have a look we going in nov/dec but I'm trying to get organised x

Think it's best to get sorted asap as the good popular drivers get booked up quickly 😀

I have a driver who comes highly recommended on here, booked for Bali as well.. I don't go till Feb 2018 😂😎😂😎