Indy New OVs 3340-3348 and 3640-3648

Has anyone stayed in these rooms on any Freedom-class ships? It looks like they're new, added during a dry-dock where the private side dining rooms used to be.

I just moved myself into one of them and was wondering about window size and room layout?

• 2 weeks later...

In case anyone is wondering - onboard the independence now in 3342. The room is great but it looks like they cheaped out in some areas when they added it.

The bed is still on the back wall under the window. In fact, it blocks part of the rounded bottom of the window. They added a shelf under the window in the windowsill so you could sit there or use it for storage. I prefer a bed on the side wall but it is kind of cool to wake up in the morning and peek out the curtain without even getting out of bed.

Some shortfalls (these may vary by exact room/ship):

The shower head is not on an adjustable pole like in the other rooms... So you can't move it up and down to accommodate for your height.

The curtain has no sheer, so if you're in port, you either have to deal with the lack of privacy, or close the curtain which is a room darkening one.

There is a major lack of storage. I had a hard time storing my stuff and I'm sailing solo! I can't imagine where 4 people would put their stuff, as it's a 4-person stateroom. It doesn't have the rounded shelves beside the desk/mini bar cupboard - I think this is because of the Pullman beds. There's also only a vanity cupboard on one side of the mirror, not both as on most ships.

The window is filthy! Looks to be dirty in between the glass which is not cleanable. I'll have a better idea once they (hopefully!) wash the windows on that side of the ship in the next port. I can't actually see outside at this point.

And in terms of location - it's great! Really convenient to get to the dining room, studio B, On Air, etc! And no noise from outside the door at all despite the fact that it's the first room in the doorway to the elevator lobby which is right near the dining room and whatnot.