The Dream - April 2017

amyh13

Why would there be no cruise showing for the Dream first week of April 2017?

Is looks like the Dry dock is in February. That is usually a popular Spring Break week so it seems like a charter would be unusual.

My son is dying to go back on the Dream and that is our Spring Break. Our options seem kind of limited is the Dream isn't in the mix.

Why would there be no cruise showing for the Dream first week of April 2017?

Is looks like the Dry dock is in February. That is usually a popular Spring Break week so it seems like a charter would be unusual.

My son is dying to go back on the Dream and that is our Spring Break. Our options seem kind of limited is the Dream isn't in the mix.

April 2nd, 2017 Dream Cruise was chartered

• 3 weeks later...
Any idea who chartered this cruise? Will it be open to public at all? Still really want to go that week as it is our spring break as well :)

It's chartered to the Tom Joyner Fantastic Voyage. The public can attend, but at the charter rates which are extremely expensive due to all of the entertainment that comes on this particular cruise. Also, there is no one under 21 allowed.

It's chartered to the Tom Joyner Fantastic Voyage. The public can attend, but at the charter rates which are extremely expensive due to all of the entertainment that comes on this particular cruise. Also, there is no one under 21 allowed.

YESSSSS We plan to go next year to celebrate my sister's 40th bday. This cruise has been on our bucket and we said we're going even if our close friends do not want to join us due to cost. We have another friend that goes every year and she always giving us tips and info about the TJFV. Excited they are leaving out of NOLA next year!!!! We heard it's definitely worth the cost!

YESSSSS We plan to go next year to celebrate my sister's 40th bday. This cruise has been on our bucket and we said we're going even if our close friends do not want to join us due to cost. We have another friend that goes every year and she always giving us tips and info about the TJFV. Excited they are leaving out of NOLA next year!!!! We heard it's definitely worth the cost!

Let me tell you, this year was EPIC!!!! From Diana Ross, to New Edition, to Jazmine Sullivan and everything in between. We had a ball!!!!! I know you said you have your friend, but if you need any info let me know. I can give you my personal email address. I'm excited about leaving out of New Orleans.

Let me tell you, this year was EPIC!!!! From Diana Ross, to New Edition, to Jazmine Sullivan and everything in between. We had a ball!!!!! I know you said you have your friend, but if you need any info let me know. I can give you my personal email address. I'm excited about leaving out of New Orleans.

Awesome!!! Send me a quick message to csshort02@gmail.com so I can save your contact info. Thanks!!!

Did you book directly on the Tom Joyner website or through a travel agent? Do you know what percentage of the cruise fare goes to the college fund?

I've been interested in cruising with TJ for quite some time. Thanks.

Did you book directly on the Tom Joyner website or through a travel agent? Do you know what percentage of the cruise fare goes to the college fund?

I've been interested in cruising with TJ for quite some time. Thanks.

You can book through the website, but I would call and book. That way you can ask questions and get more details on things. I think the portion that goes to the Tom Joyner Foundation for scholarships is the amount that is on our Tax form and for Tax year 2015 the amount for me was $875, but that amount will vary depending on what type of cabin you book and which deck. If you want more details, you can email me directly at toni_nelson@hotmail.com

• 5 weeks later...
Anyone who has been on a fantastic cruise can you provide me with some additional information?

Well, lets just start with the entertainment, This year we had Diana Ross, Jaheim, Patti Labelle, Angie Stone, Vivian Green, Jasmine Sullivan, New Edition, Johnny Gill, Harold Melvin's Blue Notes, The Stylistics, Glenn Jones, Faith Evans, Carl Thomas, 112, Con Funk Shun, the Barkays, The Dazz Band, Brick, Michael Cooper, Tony Terry, Jon B, Case, Whodini, Bone Thugs and Harmony, DJ Quik, Rob Base, Big Daddy Kane, Hezekiah Walker, Tamela Mann, Shirley Caesar, and that's not everyone. I just can't think of everyone. There are also a lot of celebrity chefs that do cooking demo's and then their food is featured in the Market Place that evening.

There are also seminars through out the day as well as book reviews, and art auctions. It's a lot of fun. You can do as much as you like or as little as you want, but the main thing is there is a lot to do and a lot of shows to see.

What else would you like to know?

Can you let me know when reservations begin for 2017? I have visited the blackamericanweb site and it states pricing coming soon. Don't want to miss out making my deposit.

You can actually pay your deposit now and when the 2016 prices become available, they will contact you and you can make your cabin selection at that time. The will actually do that before they allow others to book on the website and anyone pre-booked will have 1st dibs on the best cabins. If you want information on the number to call to pay your deposit, you can email me at toni_nelson@hotmail.com

Thank you. I found their contact #

Oh ok. If you have never been on the Tom Joyner cruise before, I was going to give you information on a new cruiser discount. But, I'm sure they can give you all the information you need.

I received a call from the online# and reservations are being taken with a deposit however pricing has not became available. I didn't want to book without knowing the price of the cruise. If for any reason you would cancel you would loose the deposit. I don't want an outrageous price and be committed. No. A discount wasn't mentioned. Could you please provide more information on that? My email: hisprincess28@yahoo.com

I received a call from the online# and reservations are being taken with a deposit however pricing has not became available. I didn't want to book without knowing the price of the cruise. If for any reason you would cancel you would loose the deposit. I don't want an outrageous price and be committed. No. A discount wasn't mentioned. Could you please provide more information on that? My email: hisprincess28@yahoo.com

No, you wouldn't lose the deposit. You have 30 days after prices are released to book or cancel. The discount is not made available to everyone. I, personally got permission to do a group. There has to be 10 cabins booked in the group and there are specific stipulations for the group. I will email you.

• 2 months later...
You can book through the website, but I would call and book. That way you can ask questions and get more details on things. I think the portion that goes to the Tom Joyner Foundation for scholarships is the amount that is on our Tax form and for Tax year 2015 the amount for me was $875, but that amount will vary depending on what type of cabin you book and which deck. If you want more details, you can email me directly at toni_nelson@hotmail.com

Hello, I'm late to this thread, but some friends and I are really considering going on this cruise. Would you mind if I emailed you as well for the new cruiser discount and any other tips or info? Thanks so much!