Buying wine in Copenhagen

caber

Does anyone know where I would buy wine to take onboard in Copenhagen? We fly in 2 days before we board. In Britain we can buy wine in supermarkets but every country is different. We are staying in a hotel near Tivoli Gardens.

We will be in Copenhagen for a few days before our cruise also. It appears most supermarkets sell at a fair price.

If you "google" "buying wine in Copenhagen" there is lots of info as to where to buy. Just watch closing times and days.

The Skjold Burne kiosk on Kongens Nytorv has a good selection.

Magasin also at Kongens Nytorv

Irma at Østerport station

Superbrugsen at Nørreport

Damgaard Vine at Nørreport

Irma at Nørreport

If you are located at or near the central station you should go for Føtex on Vesterbrogade or Suberbrugsen on halmtorvet.

Ubbe´s Vinhandel on Ny Vestergade 1 near the town hall square.

Irma at Illum´s on Strøget

Irma on Borgergade (convenient if you stay at the Wake Up hotel)

Does anyone know where I would buy wine to take onboard in Copenhagen? We fly in 2 days before we board. In Britain we can buy wine in supermarkets but every country is different. We are staying in a hotel near Tivoli Gardens.

If you want to combine a bit of food tourism with your wine shopping, consider visiting Torvehallerne. This place is a wonderful combination of fresh food to take away/cook at home and prepared food to be consumed at the market. It certainly reinforces Copenhagen's reputation as being one of the top food cities in the world today.

Lautia Vino Fino is the only wine store with the word "wine" in its name, but wine for purchase can be found at many other stalls. Below, I've included a link to the page with the list of all the stores in the market. It's in Danish. The web site does not offer an English language option, but between the Danish English cognates and Google translate, you'll do just fine. Simply scan down the photographs and you'll see lots and lots of pictures showing wine bottles in the background. The photographs for Mangus and Son, Mikkeller & Friends, and Noorbohandelen show wine bottles along with the word "Drikkevarer." That word translated means "beverages" so I've just found at least four wine stores in the market.

I doubt this is the cheapest place in town to buy wine, but it sure was a fun place to visit. We stayed four days in Copenhagen after our cruise and ate lunch at Torvehallerne two of those days. Highly recommended: Hallernes Smorrebrod for lovely open faced sandwiches. The second day, we ate a meal of assorted fish and/or seafood salads. Delicious, but I don't recognize the name from the list.

http://torvehallernekbh.dk/stader/