Back from the Conquest

twostacys

We had a great time. We couldn't ask for more beautiful weather. Embarkation was a little slow, but we had great company to pass the time with our new CC friends that we met up with in Galveston. Debarkation was a breeze. We were off the boat this moring by 6:20am.

I will post a more detailed review later, but if you have any question I will be happy to answer them.

We had a great time. We couldn't ask for more beautiful weather. Embarkation was a little slow, but we had great company to pass the time with our new CC friends that we met up with in Galveston. Debarkation was a breeze. We were off the boat this moring by 6:20am.

I will post a more detailed review later, but if you have any question I will be happy to answer them.

6:20 is a typo..right?

Can hardly wait for your review glad you had fun. What time did you get to pier to start process that went slow? Thanks

We got to the pier around 11:00AM. They didn't open up security until 12:30AM. We had skippers club, this may have saved us about 10 min. We were on board around 1:40PM. They were still debarking the previous cruise until a little after 1:00PM. The captain got us to Galveston early this morning (4:30AM we docked) to try and have a smoother debarkation, which would allow them to have a smoother embarkation. You have to hand it to them, they are trying to work things out.

If I'm not too tired, I'll write it tonight. That last day at sea was a doozy and we are trying to recover. The 7.5-12ft seas still have me rocking. :eek:

Leaving this Friday and sailing Sunday!!!! Need that review.....when you are rested and the ground stops swaying .....but definitely by thursday!!!

i'm so glad you had a great time. we're going on the conquest late november. i've written on a few other threads. still wondering if anyone has suggestions on getting to the pier. we're flying in the morning of the cruise into ICA. the flight gets in at 8:40. i was hoping to not wait for the carnival shuttle at 11:30. galveston shuttle scheduled for 10:30. i could get a town car for the 2 of us for anywhere from $90-$140(including tip and tolls for the 140). i'm wondering... is there anything at the airport when i arrive or should i just pre-book a ride now?

thanks for any in put.

still hoping to be one of the first on the ship to start vacation asap.:p

Archived