Quantum and Anthem Dining - Recommendations

I'll leave the classic versus dynamic dining to its own thread; this is dedicated to other dining recommendations.

First, we loved Quantum and Anthem; we'll be back.

Dining (options) could be better.

OK.

1. LUNCH - At least one specialty restaurant will be open per day for lunch; all days, including port days.

2. MICHAEL'S PUB - Is a complimentary restaurant (as its' peers are on Norwegian's Getaway and Breakaway). Really, the menu offering is not cost relative different than in any complimentary dining or Windjammer. It is empty extensively.

3. IZUMI'S - is OPEN 11am - 11pm (it remains a fee venue; but it really should be OPEN most of the time). This is the hardest to understand, strategic location, beautiful design, GREAT food; never really open much other than in competition with complimentary and specialty prime hours.

4. LA PATISSERIE - with Seattle Best coffee and sweets should be 'upgraded in quality or become a complimentary venue; it's not Starbucks or Carlos on Norwegian nor much different than the complimentary venue across at the Cafe Promenade.

5. 270 - have the "salad masters" on Oasis and Allure bring the 'plan over to 270. It is passable, just OK, but could be GREAT with the Oasis and Allure formula.

Confused - Michaels on Anthem was not complimentary but ala carte

Yep, was comparing Michael's on Anthem to N Breakaway and Getaway Irish Pub (O'Sheehan's Irish Pub, where it is complementary). You are correct that on Anthem it is fee/ala carte; I guess I messed up my point or presentation.

IMO, Michael's "should also be complimentary" (as is O'Sheehan's).

Confused by #4....La Patisserie on Anthem serves Starbucks (not Seattle's Best) and it is Starbucks quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I guess I am used to the stand alone Starbucks.

We had coffee each day fro La Patisserie on Anthem, and all of the cups were Seattle's Best (which we like versus the cafe promenade).

I guess I can't vouch for the specialty coffee's, etc. being Starbucks or not as we didn't have them.

So, I really don't know what to make of it; as I've looked at posts indicating that, in fact, it serves Starbucks.

Back to my core point, La Patisserie (IMO) should go FULL UPSCALE as either a Starbucks stand alone or equivalent to other fee based coffee and pastries.

Again, all I can say we had coffees each morning with no mention of Starbucks (which I believe owns Seattles Best, not sure) as it was better than cafe promenade. Also, the sweets (IMO) need major upgrade to be competitive; i.e, in sum, La Patisserie needs to be more than a 'notch above cafe promenade.

Thanks, however, for the post. I guess on our next Anthem cruise we will have to take a closer look. I hope you understand the general point that I was trying to make.