Pre cruise Barcelona Hotel

scotty_das

I went back to check my records to see what I paid the last time I was there (which was June of 2014 and is an expensive time to travel). I paid 188 eur (which at that time was about $220usd). My price included breakfast for two which was an upgrade that I chose. I know the room was smallish, but I don't remember feeling like the room was too small! It was about the same size as most European hotels I've stayed in, and larger than most standard balcony cruise cabins! ;) I don't know where you saw that it was 128 sq. feet, but there is no way this room was as small as any cabin on Monarch! I sailed in a Jr. Suite on Monarch and my rooms at Hotel Jazz were definitely larger! It was a very nice room or I would not have chosen it multiple times over the years! I will choose it again in the future as well! ;)

I will attach some photos below of one of our rooms at Hotel Jazz (every room I've stayed in was identical)...

Pictures look pretty good. H

I went back to check my records to see what I paid the last time I was there (which was June of 2014 and is an expensive time to travel). I paid 188 eur (which at that time was about $220usd). My price included breakfast for two which was an upgrade that I chose. I know the room was smallish, but I don't remember feeling like the room was too small! It was about the same size as most European hotels I've stayed in, and larger than most standard balcony cruise cabins! ;) I don't know where you saw that it was 128 sq. feet, but there is no way this room was as small as any cabin on Monarch! I sailed in a Jr. Suite on Monarch and my rooms at Hotel Jazz were definitely larger! It was a very nice room or I would not have chosen it multiple times over the years! I will choose it again in the future as well! ;)

I will attach some photos below of one of our rooms at Hotel Jazz (every room I've stayed in was identical)...

I quoted this from the info about the room Maybe I am confused. I copied some of the room description below. I was worried about the one double bed also. I could get by with a queen, but no way my definition of a double. We could even go with two twins. Are the drinks in the minibar free? H

1 double bed or 2 twin beds

129 sq feet (12 sq meters)

Entertainment - Free WiFi and wired Internet access, satellite channels

Food & Drink - Room service and minibar

Sleep - Premium bedding

Bathroom - Private bathroom, shower/tub combination, free

Edited by tallcva3344

Why not try an apartment? Airbnb or Homeaway family have great prices with all the amenities you could ask for. Most places supply brochures and maps as you would get in any hotel lobby. This is definitely the way to go with a family of 3 or 4 or couples. Our family of 4 stayed in a 2 bedroom with pull out coach and 2 full bathrooms, washer, dryer, and dishwasher near Placa Catalunya for less than 100 euros/night.

Why not try an apartment? Airbnb or Homeaway family have great prices with all the amenities you could ask for. Most places supply brochures and maps as you would get in any hotel lobby. This is definitely the way to go with a family of 3 or 4 or couples. Our family of 4 stayed in a 2 bedroom with pull out coach and 2 full bathrooms, washer, dryer, and dishwasher near Placa Catalunya for less than 100 euros/night.

We have used AirBnb on a couple of occasions on Barcelona. Make sure however u check they have AirCon. A lot of apartments don't!

I like staying in different hotels and thinking of going for a couple of days before so want somewhere with a pool.

Has Anyone stayed in AC hotels before? Never heated of them but they are owned by Marriott. The AC Suites Victoria has some decent rates.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app