Pre cruise Barcelona Hotel

scotty_das

Well, I stand by my original thoughts then! I love taking the Aero bus to get from BCN to Hotel Jazz!

It is cheap and easy! Just under 6 eur per person versus about 30 eur (plus tip) for a cab. After departing baggage claim, just follow the signs that look like a bus. Or, watch this awesome

that shows you the way! ;) You can stop and buy a ticket along the way or just pay right at the bus (which is what I've always done!) They take cash (Eur) or credit.

Once on the bus, you are on your way! For Hotel Jazz you want to get off at the "Plaza Universitat" stop which is a very short (2 min.) walk (go catacorner across the intersection from bus stop) - I attached a screenshot of the walking directions just in case you decide to do it! You can google the directions yourself too, to orient yourself to the area!

Thank-you very much for the detailed instructions Bonnie. I will save this post. Still trying to work out if we are staying at Jazz this time, since the price is double what we paid last year. Apparently, the fact that we are going two weeks earlier makes a huge difference in price.

Thank-you very much for the detailed instructions Bonnie. I will save this post. Still trying to work out if we are staying at Jazz this time, since the price is double what we paid last year. Apparently, the fact that we are going two weeks earlier makes a huge difference in price.

Is this for a TA in October? If so it's probably because you are hitting the half-term break for UK (and other) European countries and Barcelona is a very popular destination for families taking a few days' break.

I was a little bored this morning, so this was fun! :D If you end up with a different hotel, but in the same vicinity, the Aero Bus is still a good option. The next stop after Pl. Universitat, is Pl. Catalunya, which is sort of in the center of everything and is also very walkable to many hotels (including Hotel Jazz)!

Of course, the cab is always the easiest choice if you don't mind spending a little extra!

Is this for a TA in October? If so it's probably because you are hitting the half-term break for UK (and other) European countries and Barcelona is a very popular destination for families taking a few days' break.

Yes, TA in October, but instead of late October, this time it's mid-October.

We did this exact thing a couple years ago. Just an fyi to anyone reading. If you fly in the day before you will obviously be wanting and needing rest/sleep. If you haven't been to Barcelona it is a very busy and loud city so be sure you read reviews and pick a hotel that can provide you a quite room. I would much rather pay a little more in a cab ride than be right near the port in loud area. As I recall from our trip we were took the metro to near the port and were going to walk to the ship but the way it was set up we pretty much had to cab from right across the bridge anyway. So a half mile or mile further from port really doesn't matter that much if you are taking a cab.

We stayed at Hotel Indigo Catalunya Plaza and it was in a great area. Nice and quite and a very reasonable price ($120-130 ish). Also, we were able to get their via metro from the airport which saved a lot of $. If you get a superior room on the pool level you get your own private courtyard deck and a smaller side room with a fold out couch that would probably hold two children with no problem. We arrived very early in the morning and upgraded for $20 to get this room (checked in right away) and it was so worth it. The breakfast was so good we were wishing we could bring it with us for the next couple weeks on the cruise.

... We stayed at Hotel Indigo Catalunya Plaza and it was in a great area. Nice and quite and a very reasonable price ($120-130 ish). Also, we were able to get their via metro from the airport which saved a lot of $. If you get a superior room on the pool level you get your own private courtyard deck and a smaller side room with a fold out couch that would probably hold two children with no problem. We arrived very early in the morning and upgraded for $20 to get this room (checked in right away) and it was so worth it. The breakfast was so good we were wishing we could bring it with us for the next couple weeks on the cruise.

Just checked this for mid-October,and they want 260 Euros per night. Looks like a nice hotel though, and an excellent location.

Just checked this for mid-October,and they want 260 Euros per night. Looks like a nice hotel though, and an excellent location.

At that price I'm sure there are better options. We booked the basic cheap room and got lucky and did the upgrade at the desk because it allowed us to get in our room immediately. We thought it might have been a bit of a scam but when we got to the room we realized it was $20 well spent just to get in early let alone that the room was so nice. Of course after the flight we would have paid to them to sleep in the janitors closet. Ha ha.

I booked the Gran Silken through RCI great reviews and £260 for 2 nights. Not sure what it would be in October. I will be there in a few weeks so I could let you know what it is like :)

I booked the Gran Silken through RCI great reviews and £260 for 2 nights. Not sure what it would be in October. I will be there in a few weeks so I could let you know what it is like :)

Looks like a nice location, but still 230 Euros per night for us.

Edited by clarea

Loved, loved, loved Hotel Pulitzer just off Plaza Catlunya. Close to Ramblas

and the Market...a must see. Close to Hop On, Hop Off bus, too.

Contemporary hotel with new furnishings, etc. Little wine bar for wine, drinks,

snacks in lobby with plenty of places to sit. Breakfast is not included, but plenty of options nearby as well at the hotel.

Concierge got us taxi to port very easily.

Thanks, that would be very nice of you.:)

we'll be staying at Alexandra Barcelona pre-cruise. Will we need an plug adapter and or converter for our electronics? TIA:)

Yes, the hotels in Barcelona would typically have Euro sockets.

If your electrical devices can use 220V, then you would only need an adapter. However, if your devices can only use 110V, then you would need a converter too.

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel that is within a 10 minute metro ride to the beach please but in a nice area. Sadly we have a budget so looking at spending 300 GBP for 2 nights. Thank you

I was looking at Barcelona Universal Hotel & Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya amongst many others.

Edited by marymungoandmidge
added

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel that is within a 10 minute metro ride to the beach please but in a nice area. Sadly we have a budget so looking at spending 300 GBP for 2 nights. Thank you

I was looking at Barcelona Universal Hotel & Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya amongst many others.

How about hotel LLeo? Not sure when you are going as rates are more expensive at certain times of the year?

Edited by Froufie

Yes, the hotels in Barcelona would typically have Euro sockets.

If your electrical devices can use 220V, then you would only need an adapter. However, if your devices can only use 110V, then you would need a converter too.

Have you found anything yet, as far as a room is concerned. We are on the Equinox transatlantic on 10/25. We will be flying into BCN from BUD on 10/23.

Looking for safety, convenience to the HOHO, or another nice tour situation. Maybe the first day go to Las Rambas for a few hours. H

I was looking at the hotel Jazz, but the rooms were very small. Like a Monarch inside room. 128 sq feet. It is priced at $159 per night for Oct 23rd. What did you pay last time? H

I was looking at the hotel Jazz, but the rooms were very small. Like a Monarch inside room. 128 sq feet. It is priced at $159 per night for Oct 23rd. What did you pay last time? H

I went back to check my records to see what I paid the last time I was there (which was June of 2014 and is an expensive time to travel). I paid 188 eur (which at that time was about $220usd). My price included breakfast for two which was an upgrade that I chose. I know the room was smallish, but I don't remember feeling like the room was too small! It was about the same size as most European hotels I've stayed in, and larger than most standard balcony cruise cabins! ;) I don't know where you saw that it was 128 sq. feet, but there is no way this room was as small as any cabin on Monarch! I sailed in a Jr. Suite on Monarch and my rooms at Hotel Jazz were definitely larger! It was a very nice room or I would not have chosen it multiple times over the years! I will choose it again in the future as well! ;)

I will attach some photos below of one of our rooms at Hotel Jazz (every room I've stayed in was identical)...

2085753353_MediterraneanCruise2013098.jpg.4f04dffafc24fd86866be00a6973c22f.jpg

198390775_MediterraneanCruise2013100.jpg.46239f0a445d5755e95e210f16e202ba.jpg

826788237_MediterraneanCruise2013099.jpg.9e76c6461457f25048a4d7a2ac6cf727.jpg

Edited by Bonnie Voyager

I went back to check my records to see what I paid the last time I was there (which was June of 2014 and is an expensive time to travel). I paid 188 eur (which at that time was about $220usd). My price included breakfast for two which was an upgrade that I chose. I know the room was smallish, but I don't remember feeling like the room was too small! It was about the same size as most European hotels I've stayed in, and larger than most standard balcony cruise cabins! ;) I don't know where you saw that it was 128 sq. feet, but there is no way this room was as small as any cabin on Monarch! I sailed in a Jr. Suite on Monarch and my rooms at Hotel Jazz were definitely larger! It was a very nice room or I would not have chosen it multiple times over the years! I will choose it again in the future as well! ;)

I will attach some photos below of one of our rooms at Hotel Jazz (every room I've stayed in was identical)...

I agree, we've had the least expensive room at the Jazz twice now, and was a nice size hotel room, about rhe size of a JS on Voyager class.