access cabin upon boarding with FTTF?

Girlsmom

We got FTTF for ecstasy from Charleston.

I read somewhere FTTF meant we could access cabin upon boarding.

(our boarding time is showing 11am-noon); should we really expect to be able to go directly to cabin upon boarding at 11am?

What time should we reasonably expect luggage in cabin?

First Access to Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready for you as soon as you board so you can relax or freshen up for all the fun you are about to have.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations.

Your CHECK-IN time is 11am to noon, if your speaking of the new staggered check-in. This is not the same as boarding.

Your CHECK-IN time is 11am to noon, if your speaking of the new staggered check-in. This is not the same as boarding.

I am confused: what is difference between "boarding" and "check in"? IF we arrive at 11am, what should we expect we will be doing at 11am? what time should we expect to access cabin?

per carnival.com>manage>my cruise details>my activities>during cruise

"FTTF Wed 04/20/2016

11:00 AM - 12:00 PM"

so what excactly is it that is happening in this window of 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM?

Your stateroom will be ready for you as soon as you board so you can relax or freshen up for all the fun you are about to have.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations.

Suites have Priority boarding but their rooms are not ready early.

How do I know if we are "staggered"? (Ecstasy Charleston April 20)

It won't matter because if you are FTTF you can check in at anytime.

After you check in you will be told where to sit in the terminal. When the ship has been cleared by customs, boarding will begin. The first to board will be weddings. They will announce each group. When they say FTTF, you will get up and proceed to board. You may go directly to your cabin since you have FTTF.

Enjoy your cruise!

Sue

It won't matter because if you are FTTF you can check in at anytime.

After you check in you will be told where to sit in the terminal. When the ship has been cleared by customs, boarding will begin. The first to board will be weddings. They will announce each group. When they say FTTF, you will get up and proceed to board. You may go directly to your cabin since you have FTTF.

Enjoy your cruise!

Sue

Thank you for explaining!

If we arrive at 11am, what time should we expect to be actually getting on the ship?

Would yall advise NOT arriving at 11? if so, what time should we get there to minimize time waiting in terminal but not lose time on ship?

Thank you for explaining!

If we arrive at 11am, what time should we expect to be actually getting on the ship?

Would yall advise NOT arriving at 11? if so, what time should we get there to minimize time waiting in terminal but not lose time on ship?

It's different every cruise, but usually boarding will begin around 11:30 give or take.

Suites have Priority boarding but their rooms are not ready early.

That was the case, but it looks like this might be an early roll-out of the new Suite perks. It looks like KenMo got the information straight from Carnival's site (https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDYwODIzNjY0L3NpZC80ODd0RGFPbQ%3D%3D):

Faster to the Fun (FTTF)

Now guests can maximize their vacation fun with Carnival's Faster to the Fun (FTTF) package. This program is available for purchase via Carnival.com Shore Excursions.

The price is per stateroom so only one guest needs to purchase Faster to the Fun and all occupants in the stateroom receive the benefits.

• Cruise durations, 4 days or shorter - $49.95 USD
  • Cruise durations, 5 days or longer - $59.95 USD

Faster to the Fun is offered in the following home ports: Baltimore, Charleston, Fort Lauderdale, Galveston, Jacksonville, Long Beach, Miami, Mobile (starting 11/19/16), New Orleans, New York, Port Canaveral, San Juan, Seattle and Tampa.

Faster to the Fun is not offered in Honolulu, Norfolk, Vancouver and home ports in Europe.

Here's what the program includes:

Priority Security, Check-in and Express Boarding

Bypass lines and have exclusive security screening lanes and express boarding lane. This is only available on embarkation day. If you arrive after general boarding has begun, you may bypass the general boarding line and board via the Faster to the Fun lane.

Note: Only VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests as well as guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations will have access to the Priority Check-In Lounge and proceed on board before FTTF guests.

Express Luggage

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and don your cruise attire first!

Guest Services

Quickly have any of your questions answered or requests addressed as you will have a dedicated phone and line at Guest Services.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests.

Dining Reservations

Priority Dinner Time Assignment: FTTF guests will be cleared after VIFP Platinum guests. This benefit does not include specific time reservations for 'Your Time Dining'.

Note: VIFP Diamond guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations are guaranteed their dining in the Main Dining Room.

Tender Priority

You will have priority tender service from ship to shore (multiple departure times may be possible) so you can explore ashore as quickly as you want to. When ready to go ashore, if not on a Carnival shore excursion, present yourself at the Guest Services Desk.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests.

Debarkation Choices

We are always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late disembarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

Things to Remember

• The FTTF price is not per person. One ticket per stateroom covers all occupants of the stateroom so only one guest needs to purchase but all occupants receive the benefits. For guests traveling with companions in separate staterooms, one FTTF package must be purchased by each stateroom for guests to board through the Faster to the Fun lane.
  • After purchasing the FTTF package, guests will need to re-print their boarding pass and luggage tags so the Faster to the Fun stamp reflects on the documents.
  • FTTF can only be purchased prior to the cruise; no al a carte services can be purchased onboard.
  • Check-In typically begins at approximately 11:00am but may vary by port. The boarding process (for all guests) starts at the published time provided in the documents as long as the debarkation process from the previous cruise has ended.

A Few Facts on Faster to the Fun

• VIFP Diamond and Platinum members and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations are the only guests to have access to the Priority Check-In Lounge at embarkation. FTTF guests will not have this benefit so embarkation will not be impacted in the Priority Check-In Lounge.
  • Similar to airlines boarding first class and then elite frequent flyers, etc., we will start with VIFP Diamond and Platinum members, followed by guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations and then FTTF guests.
  • The number of people who may purchase the FTTF package will be capacity controlled based upon the number of VIFP Diamond and Platinum members booked on the sailing.

The bold, red in text above is mine, to point out Suite perks. Some of these are definitely new - it looks like those of us in Suites get almost all of the FTTF perks, but not enough to make me cancel my FTTF. I want that VIP GS line. Darn - it looks like I'm going to be paying $60 just for that one perk, now.:(

Edited by ShakyBeef

My parents were on Ecstacy on April 10th they arrived at port early like between 11:15-11:30. Waited in a parked line. The parked line started moving at about 12:15 (that is when my mom texted me.)

Then they parked in a garaged and was shuttled to the terminal. There they had two separate lines. One for FTTF/other priority guests and a separate line for other guests.

Edited by AlmostToTheFun

We've had great experiences with Faster to the Fun "FTTF" on every cruise. We typically arrive at the port at 11:00 am, go inside the terminal, and are shown to the FTTF priority check in line. We meet the agent, have our photo taken for their system, collect our room key, etc.

We are then seated in the large room with all the other guests. Typically, by 11:45 they begin calling priority boarding (ex: platinum level) to board (after those with onboard weddings). Once the two highest levels begin, they call FTTF. They guarantee FTTF rooms to be ready and, without fail, ours has always been ready. We are on board by noon at the latest.

There will be occasional times when the entire ship is delayed boarding due to an unannounced USCG inspection. This has happened to us twice before, and we had to wait several hours before boarding. Of course Carnival has no control over this.

• 4 weeks later...

You can buy it as soon as you are booked IF it is available.

Check under excursions, home port or port one, for availability. If it doesn't show there at all or if it is listed as "sold out" just keep checking.

You pay for it when you book it. If you decide later to cancel, it will be refunded the same way you paid, i.e. credit or debit card, etc.

Wow. I feel bad for the Stewards if that's true. How in the world are they going to get all those rooms ready early? I doubt it's by adding more crew.

Keep in mind that debarking guests are usually out of their cabins by 0800-0830. The embarking guests usually start boarding by 1130. That's a window of three to three and a half hours, and the stewards will start on the cabins that will be used by the priority guests first. Each steward probably only has a small number of priority cabins in their area. If they have a large number I'd guess they'd be given help to turn them around first.

Were going April 15,2017 on the Magic to the Western how far in advance can you book it and does have to be paid in advanced?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

When they release excursions for your cruise it will show up under your port as an excursion for purchase. It needs to be paid at that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Keep in mind that debarking guests are usually out of their cabins by 0800-0830. The embarking guests usually start boarding by 1130. That's a window of three to three and a half hours, and the stewards will start on the cabins that will be used by the priority guests first. Each steward probably only has a small number of priority cabins in their area. If they have a large number I'd guess they'd be given help to turn them around first.

Yes, but my statement was in response to the post where it said all guests in suites would have their cabin available upon embarkation. Typically almost all the suites are located on one deck and in a row such as deck 7 on the Conquest Class ships. So I was wondering how in the world the cabin stewards assigned to those suites could possibly get them all ready that quick. Just about every single one of the cabins they were assigned would have to be turned around by 11:30am.

That verbiage is no longer listed as it appears it was an error. Suite cabins are not ready any earlier than the general population's cabins unless they are Diamond/Platinum/FTTF.

Edited by firemanbobswife