Carnival Conquest wifi question

suzyques

I saw on some ships you can gat social media wifi for just a few dollars a day.

First of all, does conquest have this option?

Second, how does it work. Where do I sign up?

Carnival Wifi, you sign up on board.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1152/~/carnivals-wi-fi-service-and-hub-app

The Conquest does not offer the HUB app (yet)

I saw on some ships you can gat social media wifi for just a few dollars a day.

First of all, does conquest have this option?

Second, how does it work. Where do I sign up?

Hubby and I were on the April 2 sailing of Conquest. We signed up for the middle level of internet that included all social media plus gave us pretty much full access to the internet and email. It cost $60 for 8 days. To sign up, we just opened an email browser and went to Carnival's wifi page, then created an account. The log in was my husband's folio number and birthdate. We both shared one account, but only one of us could be logged on at a time - next time, I'm getting my *own*!

Social Media only (Facebook, Instagram, etc) was only $30 for 8 days.

Speed was surprisingly good for on a ship - don't expect it to be as fast as broadband at home, but it wasn't bad at all. My husband was able to keep up with all his sports teams, which made him very happy.

Any other questions, I'd be happy to try to answer them.

Janis

Carnival Wifi, you sign up on board.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1152/~/carnivals-wi-fi-service-and-hub-app

The Conquest does not offer the HUB app (yet)

Okay, even thought it doesn't offer the HUB app yet, the wifi for social media (facebook so I can keep in tough with my children) is still available for $5/day?

Did any of you use iphones? I'm wondering if the iphone to iphone texting which I believe doesn't go through your carrier will work with the social media package or while on airplane mode? I'm looking for ways to keep up with each other while on the ship. I know we could use one of the chat apps but texting would be easier. I wish Conquest had the new Hubb app.

We were on the April 2nd sailing of the Conquest, and did the internet packages. We started off trying to use one internet package, but you cannot be logged to multiple devices at the same time, so it didn't work for messaging each other while on board the ship. My father got the full internet package, and my sister and I got the social media packages. With the social media package, we used facebook messenger to keep in contact around the ship. It worked great.

Also - depending on how connected you want to remain while on vacation - we paid $30 with verizon for the week to get cell and texting coverage while at sea and at all of the ports (service was spotty while at sea).