Port Canaveral - snooze and cruise hotels

AACJ

we stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in May. We enjoyed it. Very comfortable beds, nice breakfast the next morning. And the shuttle to the port was very well planned. No confusion on the return shuttle , either. Just called the hotel and they were there w/I 15 minutes. We would definitely stay here again.

Hello! I looked on the CI&S website and the parking package looks like a great deal! I could not find the shuttle times. Do you happen to know what time the shuttle starts running to the port?

Hello! I looked on the CI&S website and the parking package looks like a great deal! I could not find the shuttle times. Do you happen to know what time the shuttle starts running to the port?

They have their own shuttle service! Earliest departures around 10:30am and they run until all passengers have been transferred.

Here are pictures of the shuttle bus, etc: http://cruiseportcanaveral.us/country-inn-suites-port-canaveral/

If you're driving down, consider staying in Titusville, exit 215 right off I 95 and about 15 minutes to the port. There are three hotels, Marriott Fairfield Inn, Hampton, and Holiday Inn Express. We stay at the Fairfield since we are Marriott rewards participants. Usually very reasonable unless there's a launch. They offer a discount on port parking, I believe it's 40% off. There is a Cracker Barrel right next door and several other restaurants very close by. They offer free breakfast with the usual stuff. They have an outdoor pool. Very clean hotel and we've stayed there many times. The Holiday Inn Express is the newest of the three hotels. Never stayed there but I assume it's the usual.

@ torpeedo.. Thanks for the info.

We have been on cruises before and have always taken either a shuttle service or paid for car service. This will be our first time driving ourselves and parking.

So, i have a few questions and I apologize if they sound dumb or have already been addressed.

(1) How does the parking at port work? It's like the airport right? Drop me and the kids off at the doors with our stuff and then drive off to the parking area and meet us at check in?

(2) Does the line/entry to park your vehicle in the lot get crazy? Any advice on how much time to give ourselves to deal with the potential hold up in parking?

(3) Do you think leaving an hour before our check in time will be enough cushion to travel, drop off/park, and check in at the port?

TIA