10208 - cabin advice

karen kne

:confused:I'm on deck 10... 10208.. last cabin before the cabins that face aft.

I cant tell from any of the photos I have seen or deckplans whether there is an overhang above from deck 11.

I'm worried it will be constantly shaded and I was soooo looking forward to chilling in the sunshine.

This is our first cruise with a balcony ... have I chosen a bad spot?

Opinions please

• 1 month later...
Oops! - yes, I'm at the front, not back of ship!.. thanks for helping everybody :)

Hi Karen, I just booked the same cabin in January :) are you planning to post a review when you get back? Would love to find out if this cabin is a great as it seems :)

Have an amazing cruise, not long now for you !!!

Oops! - yes, I'm at the front, not back of ship!.. thanks for helping everybody :)

I keep seeing this thread and then wonder how did you manage to book a cruise and not know whether you are at the front or back of the ship ?

I keep seeing this thread and then wonder how did you manage to book a cruise and not know whether you are at the front or back of the ship ?

If you book online directly with CCL, I can see it being confusing, I had to do a double take and when I booked , it was also the last available option so, I only checked out the actual position of the cabin, AFTER booking.

Also, we are all human. ;)

Lol, I know its crazy but I was on the phone to the TA and he was rattling off a few cabin numbers and I was zipping from one deck to another on my computer etc.

We only booked 2 months ago so the choice was limited as I didnt want to be by elevators etc.

I was excited to get a room right at the end of the row and to be honest I didnt care if we were back or front as long as it wasnt an obstructed view. I glanced at the deck 10 plan and said "I'll take that one" and the deal was done!

This is my first balcony :D:D:D:D

Hi Karen, I just booked the same cabin in January :) are you planning to post a review when you get back? Would love to find out if this cabin is a great as it seems :)

Have an amazing cruise, not long now for you !!!

I'll post some photos for you when I get back.... that is if I ever leave my balcony to get my camera lol :D

I think it looks like a good spot... deck 10 so close to lido etc but as far away from the noise as poss and nowhere near an elevator and almost no passing traffic.

I'll post some photos for you when I get back.... that is if I ever leave my balcony to get my camera lol :D

I think it looks like a good spot... deck 10 so close to lido etc but as far away from the noise as poss and nowhere near an elevator and almost no passing traffic.

You get to see these runners first too! :p

Hope we dont get any hurricane force winds in August! :eek:

On my last (on a very small ship in the med) we had gale force 7 winds and the ship was bouncing up and down like a goodun. Luckily we were midship and low down. I have no idea how big ships are in light wind and waves..... Hopefully its not influenced until it really starts getting rough. In the main though the Med should be good as long as the weather behaves as expected. Incredibly last year, the sea was like Glass in the Baltic! It isnt always as you expect!

You get to see these runners first too! :p

Hope we dont get any hurricane force winds in August! :eek:

On my last (on a very small ship in the med) we had gale force 7 winds and the ship was bouncing up and down like a goodun. Luckily we were midship and low down. I have no idea how big ships are in light wind and waves..... Hopefully its not influenced until it really starts getting rough. In the main though the Med should be good as long as the weather behaves as expected. Incredibly last year, the sea was like Glass in the Baltic! It isnt always as you expect!

I've ordered perfect weather from July 29 for 11 days (3 in Barcelona afterwards);)

And I'm bringing my binoculars to watch the runners lol:D

• 4 months later...
I've ordered perfect weather from July 29 for 11 days (3 in Barcelona afterwards);)

Hi Karen!

If you see this, would love to hear about your cruise, and the cabin! I'll be in the same one in January :)

Hope you had a great trip! :)

• 1 year later...

Hi Karen,

I’m booked in this cabin next week. How was it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums