RCCL AIR2SEA VS Princess EZAIR

We will be doing 2 transatlantics on Freedom of the Seas next year. I was curious as to how AIR2SEA compares with Princess EZAIR. We are doing a transatlantic this fall on the Royal Princess. When we initially booked SYR to FCO then FLL to SYR with EZAIR, The cost was $649.00 per person. There have been 3 price drops since then and we are now paying $529.00. The price is up a bit now to $589.00.

I thought I would do a comparison so I did a mock flight booking for the Celebrity Reflection as the dates are similar. WOW! the result knocked my socks off. The price for the same ticket (but on different days obviously) was $2839.56! I moved the dates around and the best I could find was $2741.31!

Cowabunga! Do people actually pay those rates? To top it off, those rates are NON-REFUNDABLE. Princess EZAIR flights are changeable and refundable up until 45 days prior to flying.

I decided to do RCCL transatlantics next year as the Princess prices were a bit higher. If these fares are indicative of what I'll have to pay to fly next year then it's a no brainer to switch back to Princess. Am I missing something? Are my numbers out of whack? We like both cruiselines but these AIR2SEA fares are deal-breakers.

Harry

We will be doing 2 transatlantics on Freedom of the Seas next year. I was curious as to how AIR2SEA compares with Princess EZAIR. We are doing a transatlantic this fall on the Royal Princess. When we initially booked SYR to FCO then FLL to SYR with EZAIR, The cost was $649.00 per person. There have been 3 price drops since then and we are now paying $529.00. The price is up a bit now to $589.00.

I thought I would do a comparison so I did a mock flight booking for the Celebrity Reflection as the dates are similar. WOW! the result knocked my socks off. The price for the same ticket (but on different days obviously) was $2839.56! I moved the dates around and the best I could find was $2741.31!

Cowabunga! Do people actually pay those rates? To top it off, those rates are NON-REFUNDABLE. Princess EZAIR flights are changeable and refundable up until 45 days prior to flying.

I decided to do RCCL transatlantics next year as the Princess prices were a bit higher. If these fares are indicative of what I'll have to pay to fly next year then it's a no brainer to switch back to Princess. Am I missing something? Are my numbers out of whack? We like both cruiselines but these AIR2SEA fares are deal-breakers.

Harry

We are doing the Oct. 15, 2017 Western Med and Oct. 22, 2017 TA on Freedom. I haven't booked airfare yet, but we are also doing Oct 20, 2016, and Oct 23, 2016 TA on Harmony and I booked a couple of months ago through Air2Sea and the one way fare to FCO from DFW was $577.80 per person. There was a fare on another airline that was about $50. cheaper per person but you couldn't choose your seats and it was worth the difference to me to pick my seats in advance. I usually book my to or from flight from FLL directly with the airlines. This May I only paid $83. per person one way. I have used Air2Sea twice for domestic flights to FLL from DFW because they were about $100. cheaper but usually it's more expensive on domestic flights.

I don't think I have ever paid over $225. to FLL from DFW. We most always fly American and we have done Air2Sea 5 or 6 times with no problems.

Hope this gives you a little comparison to Princess. We have cruised on Princess a few times but have never used their air program.

Barbara

We are doing the Oct. 15, 2017 Western Med and Oct. 22, 2017 TA on Freedom. I haven't booked airfare yet, but we are also doing Oct 20, 2016, and Oct 23, 2016 TA on Harmony and I booked a couple of months ago through Air2Sea and the one way fare to FCO from DFW was $577.80 per person. There was a fare on another airline that was about $50. cheaper per person but you couldn't choose your seats and it was worth the difference to me to pick my seats in advance. I usually book my to or from flight from FLL directly with the airlines. This May I only paid $83. per person one way. I have used Air2Sea twice for domestic flights to FLL from DFW because they were about $100. cheaper but usually it's more expensive on domestic flights.

I don't think I have ever paid over $225. to FLL from DFW. We most always fly American and we have done Air2Sea 5 or 6 times with no problems.

Hope this gives you a little comparison to Princess. We have cruised on Princess a few times but have never used their air program.

Barbara

Thanks for sharing. I hope that when it comes times to book our air for the Freedom TA's next year that we can find similar fares. It was just kind of scary to see those numbers for a cruise this fall. It would be nice though if those fares were changeable if there is a price drop. Are they changeable?

Harry