Hub app - good or bad?

gatorphin

Just downloaded the Carnival Hub app. Anyone have experience using it? Sounds like a great way for family members to keep track of each other. Thanks

I don't know about chatting or tracking, but the idea of a daily schedule with maps etc. in electronic form sounds good to me. I do not like the paper schedules and they generally hit the trash shortly after being received. Disney had something like this that was very nice.

On the other hand it looks like it is only available on a limited number of ships.

It is now $5 per day per person..

That's the Social Media Package which includes things like chat through FB Messenger, WhatsApp, etc. The Hub App has never been $5pp per day. It's free except for the chat feature which is $5pp for the entire cruise.

Edited by firemanbobswife

That's the Social Media Package which includes things like chat through FB Messenger, WhatsApp, etc. The Hub App has never been $5pp per day. It's free except for the chat feature which is $5pp for the entire cruise.

I knew the app was free, I was just confused on the chat versus the social media plan...

I knew the app was free, I was just confused on the chat versus the social media plan...

There is a feature in the Hub App itself where you can chat with others on the ship that also have signed up. That's $5pp per cruise. The Social Media plan gives you chat via the various apps such as FB Messenger, WhatsApp, Viber, etc. so you can chat to anyone anywhere that also has those apps. It costs $5pp per day or $25pp/7 day cruise.

I used it on the Breeze on two different sailings and my family loved it. It was a great way to stay in touch (chat) with our teenagers and we loved having the fun times right on our phones. Can't wait until it is fleet-wide.

Edited by spyingeyes

It's great for tracking event times. The chat feature is also great when it works, but it's a bit buggy still. Sometimes messages were delayed or never arrived.

Yes, this is true. We LOVED the feature, but had a LOL moment. My youngest texted back after I had sent him a msg about meeting us in the theater for a show. Once to tell them the time, once to tell them where we were sitting, once to say "Where the heck are you?" But all three came in at once SIX times each! So the poor kid got 18 texts and sent me a message saying, "Sheesh! We're coming! Stop texting me!"

He was using an older iPhone as he doesn't have a smart phone yet. We have that one around and just use it as an iPod. Might have been the age of it, I don't know, but he was the only one of us who had issues. Three of us have Galaxy 6s phones and my other son got a new phone three days before the cruise, also Android.