Suite perks/dining

Host CJSKIDS

I put the call in to my TA 1/2 hour ago and I'm waiting for his call back to tell me he got us the PS C749 for our sailing. (I hope this was the one to pick back there!)

I see they say that you have priority dining reservations for anytime dining as one of the perks, is this true? How does it work? Also, do I still have to go and make my own reservations on the first day for Sabitinis or will they do it for me now if I'm in a full suite?

I been dealing with the issue of upgrading from our AA minisuite and inside to the PS and inside up the hall for the kids and bit the bullet today. I hope we're happy with being so far aft! We don't go to any of the shows or movies and don't gamble so spending time in the cabin and on the balcony is important. Plus our friends will be right around the corner on the Caribe deck in a balcony and we'll be able to host cocktail parties with them nightly.

You'll have a blast! As far as getting preferential dining reservations, you shouldn't have any trouble getting PC/Anytime dining. If you wanted traditional, then you'd be able to get this if you wanted it as a perk for the suite.

Since you're dining with your kids, it may be better to have traditional, but if you want PC, then be advised you will have to make the reservations yourself.

When you get aboard, dial DINE, and you'll be able to make reservations for at least two nights. Sabastini's is best done on the first night since it's the least crowded and you'll get spoiled by the staff.

As for the PC dining rooms, they will not allow you to make dining reservations between 7pm-8pm. This is because if they allowed this, that table would only be able to accomodate one seating, and they must be able to accomodate two seatings on each table if enough passengers want to eat in the dining room on any given evening. That doesn't mean you can't walk up every evening any night at 7:15, and try to get a table. They might actually be able to accomodate you. Or not.

What we did was make reservations every night (when they were still doing the specialty menus) by going to the dining desk in front of Sabatini's when we boarded. I was able to make reservations for the entire week. On the second evening (since the first night was Sabatini's) we were in Pacific Moon, and had a wonderful serving team we fell in love with, but we didn't like our table. So we found another table in their station, and had the Maitre'd change our reservations to 8pm at that table every night. It was a breeze, and our boys spoiled us rotten!

Again - being in a suite, you can order anything off the current dining room menu as long as the dining room is serving food at the time. We lived in our cabin - on the balcony since the balcony is as big as the entire cabin!

You'll have a blast! As far as getting preferential dining reservations, you shouldn't have any trouble getting PC/Anytime dining. If you wanted traditional, then you'd be able to get this if you wanted it as a perk for the suite.

Since you're dining with your kids, it may be better to have traditional, but if you want PC, then be advised you will have to make the reservations yourself.

When you get aboard, dial DINE, and you'll be able to make reservations for at least two nights. Sabastini's is best done on the first night since it's the least crowded and you'll get spoiled by the staff.

As for the PC dining rooms, they will not allow you to make dining reservations between 7pm-8pm. This is because if they allowed this, that table would only be able to accomodate one seating, and they must be able to accomodate two seatings on each table if enough passengers want to eat in the dining room on any given evening. That doesn't mean you can't walk up every evening any night at 7:15, and try to get a table. They might actually be able to accomodate you. Or not.

What we did was make reservations every night (when they were still doing the specialty menus) by going to the dining desk in front of Sabatini's when we boarded. I was able to make reservations for the entire week. On the second evening (since the first night was Sabatini's) we were in Pacific Moon, and had a wonderful serving team we fell in love with, but we didn't like our table. So we found another table in their station, and had the Maitre'd change our reservations to 8pm at that table every night. It was a breeze, and our boys spoiled us rotten!

Again - being in a suite, you can order anything off the current dining room menu as long as the dining room is serving food at the time. We lived in our cabin - on the balcony since the balcony is as big as the entire cabin!

Thanks so much! Our last 2 Princess cruises have been in minisuite so this will be a nice change.

Archived