Aquafina 16.9 oz bottle water price on board ship

Swrcracer

What's the going price for a bottle of water at the bars or where car you purchase it?

PEOPLE! THE OP ASKED A SIMPLE QUESTION THAT DESERVES A SIMPLE ANSWER!

Swrcracer I haven't sailed for over 2 years so I can't answer this question for you. I am sorry that nobody else can either, but felt the need to lecture and pass judgement. Hopefully someone will answer your question because I, too, choose to drink bottled water while on board. I fly across nearly the whole country to get to most of my cruises and choose not to lug my Pur water filter along. :rolleyes:

Swrcracer I haven't sailed for over 2 years so I can't answer this question for you. I am sorry that nobody else can either, but felt the need to lecture and pass judgement. Hopefully someone will answer your question because I, too, choose to drink bottled water while on board. I fly across nearly the whole country to get to most of my cruises and choose not to lug my Pur water filter along. :rolleyes:

THIS!!! ^^^^^^ Thank you!!!

Per the second post: $42/case. Now, resume complaining about how expensive something you don't need is.

Thank you, wdsted, for your (passive/aggressive) reply. However, the original question remains unanswered.......... "What's the going price for a bottle of water at the bars......?

If my husband and I go out and I don't feel like having a drink (and I don't feel like lugging a bottle from my cabin all over the ship), is it possible to get a bottle of water, and how much will it cost?

I am sorry for the rant and I don't mean to hijack the original post and this is certainly not directed at just you wdsted, but to ALL who feel the need to judge water bottle drinkers.

I would never presume to condiscendingly tell a stranger how to spend their money on vacation. Perhaps no one on an NCL ship should ever grace the doors of a pay venue restaurant. Certainly it is an outrageous and unnecessary expense because the buffet and MDR food is quite adequate. Or why on earth would anyone book an excursion through the ship at a higher cost? What's that? You only have 6 hours in port and don't want to miss the ship? Don't frivolously waste your money, book through an independent! (For those who don't recognize it, this is sarcasm. )

Furthermore, I live in Oregon, a state that championed the bottle return bill in the 1970's. My recycling receptacle is four times the size of my garbage can, and you will find newspaper, plastic tubs, junk mail, cardboard, glass bottles and any beverage container that does not have a deposit on it in that bin. I take my own reusable grocery bags to the store and all my food scraps are composted. If the ship provides a recycling can you can BET my water bottles will be in it. So think about your own garbage before you start bitching about mine.

End of rant :mad:

Was answered in second post...nothing more to see here.

No it wasn't. The original question was can you get a bottled water in the bar and how much is it?

The second post says a case of water is $42.

Not the same thing.

If I asked how much a Hendricks martini was in the bar I wouldn't expect the answer of "Pre-order your booze for in cabin delivery. It's cheaper."

Thanks for the help in trying to get a reply. My DW works for Pepsi and her main drink of choice is Aquafina water in the 16.9 oz bottle. I know water is sold onboard in the 1 liter bottles, I just trying to find out (1) if it is sold in the 16.9 oz bottles and (2) how much per bottle and do the onboard bars have the smaller bottles?

Thanks for all the replys....

I did respond much earlier in the thread with the accurate charge for the large bottle of water being $5.50 each. These were available for purchase at the bar, in a restaurant, in your cabin or near the gangway when leaving the ship.

The smaller bottles were also available in the same locations. I don't specifically have the exact cost but if I recall correctly the charge was around $3.50.

Alternatively, soda water and other fizzy drinks were $2.95 each + the ever present 18% automatic gratuity/service charge.

No lecture from me about water, either in bottle format or from the tap. Just trying to pass on accurate and hopefully helpful information.

Rochelle

No it wasn't. The original question was can you get a bottled water in the bar and how much is it?

The second post says a case of water is $42.

Not the same thing.

If I asked how much a Hendricks martini was in the bar I wouldn't expect the answer of "Pre-order your booze for in cabin delivery. It's cheaper."

You only had to read two more posts to get the answer: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49777071&postcount=4

The fourth post had a bottle of water at $5.50, with the ship's name Rochelle, the helpful poster, just cruised on. The answer came within one hour and 30 minutes of the original question.

My hubby is the other WDSTED he was telling me about this bottled water post. Bottled water has its place, in Flint, but not on NCL. FYI, Bill and I live in the Twin Cities, recycling is what we do here, all of us.

Here are the facts:

Making bottles to meet America’s demand for bottled water uses more than 17 million barrels of oil annually, enough to fuel 1.3 million cars for a year1. And that’s not even including the oil used for transportation.

The energy we waste using bottled water would be enough to power 190,000 homes.

Last year, the average American used 167 disposable water bottles, but only recycled 38.3

Americans used about 50 billion plastic water bottles last year. However, the U.S.’s recycling rate for plastic is only 23 percent, which means 38 billion water bottles – more than $1 billion worth of plastic – are wasted each year.

The recommended eight glasses of water a day, at U.S. tap rates equals about $.49 per year; that same amount of bottled water is about $1,400.

Antimony, which is found in PET plastic bottles, in small doses can cause dizziness and depression; in larger doses it can cause nausea, vomiting and death.

One picture of filtered water can effectively replace as much as 300 standard 16.9-ounce bottles. So you can get great-tasting water without so much waste. Talk about refreshing.

The average water pitcher filters 240 gallons of water a year for about 19 cents a day. Put in perspective, to get the same amount of water from bottled water would require 1,818 16.9-ounce water bottles a year5 – at an average cost of a dollar a bottle, that’s $4.98 a day.

For about $10 each, you can purchase a 16-ounce or 32-ounce Nalgene bottle, saving you hundreds of dollars a year on bottled water.

Hydration at its best – carry the water you need and reduce your impact on the environment – one Nalgene bottle can last for decades, making it easy to stop buying single-serve bottled water to fulfill your everyday hydration needs.

In the United States, 24 percent of bottled water sold is either Pepsi’s Aquafina (13 percent of the market) or Coke’s Dasani (11 percent of the market). Both brands are bottled, purified municipal water.

If you don’t like the taste of your tap water, try a filtered water pitcher.

Dr. Gina Solomon, a senior scientist at the Natural Resources Defense Council, an environmental advocacy group, told The New York Times that “there is no reason to believe that bottled water is safer than tap water.”

In the U.S., public water is regulated by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), which requires multiple daily tests for bacteria and makes results available to the public. The Food and Drug Administration, which regulates bottled water, only requires weekly testing and does not share its findings with the EPA or the public.

Using bottled water when clean fresh potable water is available is just morally wrong.

Not to try and take away from the bottled water debate, but just booked today and is been a while since sailing ncl, is there iced tea or lemonade at the buffet and during what times is it there? I don't drink soda but do enjoy iced tea and lemonade and usually bring a refillable cup (used with a transfer cup of course) to keep on hand.

Not to try and take away from the bottled water debate, but just booked today and is been a while since sailing ncl, is there iced tea or lemonade at the buffet and during what times is it there? I don't drink soda but do enjoy iced tea and lemonade and usually bring a refillable cup (used with a transfer cup of course) to keep on hand.

I believe there is iced tea available, as well as a selection of hot teas. I'm not too sure about lemonade ... there are some fruity sweetened water drinks available from the fountains in the buffet.

Okay people, the wdsteds have spoken! :eek: No more bottled water............... :rolleyes:

Evidently they are the moral arbitrators for all things bottled water. I can't get too excited about my immoral behavior buying bottled water when I do in fact recycle them, helping employ people not only at the bottled water company but also at my local recycling plant.

Torturing puppies is immoral. Buying bottled water is neither moral or immoral.

If you want to have a real environmental impact don't go cruising on a ship that burns low grade, dirty sludge for fuel and wastes 50% of the food served. How anyone who considers bottled water "morally wrong" can justify cruising is completely beyond me. To conserve our precious resources you should stay home, with all the CFL lights off, and eat locally grown sustainable raw food. :rolleyes:

I knew you would go there. You are right. It's a bad carbon footprint. Since the spouse is just shy 2 Million Miles on United and I'm about a million miles, your right. Travel is a bad carbon footprint.

If we all drove zero emission cars and drank safe clean potable water, if we generated 100% of all electricity we'd be able to expend carbon on cruising and flights.

Call me a selfish pragmatist. We live as clean as we can, but we are not perfect. I stopped drinking bottled water about a decade ago. Bill and I carry 40 ounce Hydroflask from a company out of Bend, Oregon.

They are a 100 year personal water vessel. I carry mine every where. I actually carry two 40 once Hydroflasks. I ask my porter to fill them all to the Top with Fresh Ice every night. I tip $50.00 just for doing that.

I drove hybrids for years and my next car is the Tesla. I do what I can without going crazy and judging myself or others. My moral standard is different from yours.

It just seems we can all do water bottles. I think they should be charged a surplus damage to the environment fee.

You only had to read two more posts to get the answer: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49777071&postcount=4

The fourth post had a bottle of water at $5.50, with the ship's name Rochelle, the helpful poster, just cruised on. The answer came within one hour and 30 minutes of the original question.

If you want to split hairs, no, the OP asked about a 16.9 oz bottle of water, which Rochelle kindly answered April 26 at 1:17 pm in post #35, several DAYS after the original posting.

Admittedly, the OP could have been a little more clear with his question, with the 16.9 oz part hidden in the title, but I am astounded at how this whole thing played out.

Thanks again, Rochelle, for taking the time to help a poor guy out, just trying to get his wife a small bottle of water aboard a ship!

Sheeesh............WATERGATE 2016 :eek:

P.S. wdsted 1 & 2: I am typing this with MY 40 oz hydroflask sitting next to me. It is filled with water I poured from my filtered water pitcher. It will go with me tomorrow in the car as well. In fact, it is never very far from me, except when I am in the middle of an ocean, where, to me, the water tastes like crap. Since I hydrate to the max, drinking 2-3 liters a day, I think my vacation is a great time to treat myself to a small indulgence. I promise I won't judge YOUR vacation indulgences, please extend the same courtesy to me.