Viking "My Journey" - keep an eye on it!

Sparky333

I have a Viking Rhine cruise booked for 2017 with pre-extension in Lucerne and post-extension in Amsterdam. Last night I got an email from Viking saying that 2017 extensions were now available and I should consider adding one to my cruise. I do understand those email blasts go out to everyone on their mailing list but it did specifically say "Extend Your Rhine Getaway Cruise" so at some level it's tied to my reservation number. And it seems like they wouldn't need to send that kind of advertising to someone with both pre and post extensions already booked and that there would be a way to filter out passengers who've already got both extensions.

Not a big deal. BUT...it caused me to look at my reservation on their website and the pre-ext said Basel not Lucerne. I called to speak to a Viking rep and he said oh no, you booked Basel not Lucerne. No, I didn't and I have the Guest Statement from the day I booked in February which clearly shows Lucerne. I finally convinced him there was an error and he went in and changed it.

I know these things happen and it's not the end of the world especially since I caught it in advance but it did trouble me a bit that such a glitch could happen out of the blue. And it was also annoying that he didn't offer even the hint of an apology and made it sound like it was not really a problem and that even up to the day of travel I could just be moved to another hotel so it wouldn't have impacted my trip.

I'm chalking this up to them switching to their new website format but I have looked at my reservations since then and it did previously show Lucerne correctly so I'm clueless as to how an extension just gets changed like that.

Anyway, just letting others know to keep an eye on their reservations.

Edited by Sparky333

Dear Sparky333,

While we are happy to hear your concern was successfully resolved, we sincerely apologize for any confusion we may have caused.

Should you have any additional questions, or wish to discuss this situation further, we would be happy to hear from you at TellUs@vikingcruises.com.

Thank you for the opportunity to respond to your comments. We are looking forward to welcoming you aboard next year!

Kind regards,

Viking Cruises

I have a Viking Rhine cruise booked for 2017 with pre-extension in Lucerne and post-extension in Amsterdam. Last night I got an email from Viking saying that 2017 extensions were now available and I should consider adding one to my cruise. I do understand those email blasts go out to everyone on their mailing list but it did specifically say "Extend Your Rhine Getaway Cruise" so at some level it's tied to my reservation number. And it seems like they wouldn't need to send that kind of advertising to someone with both pre and post extensions already booked and that there would be a way to filter out passengers who've already got both extensions.

Not a big deal. BUT...it caused me to look at my reservation on their website and the pre-ext said Basel not Lucerne. I called to speak to a Viking rep and he said oh no, you booked Basel not Lucerne. No, I didn't and I have the Guest Statement from the day I booked in February which clearly shows Lucerne. I finally convinced him there was an error and he went in and changed it.

I know these things happen and it's not the end of the world especially since I caught it in advance but it did trouble me a bit that such a glitch could happen out of the blue. And it was also annoying that he didn't offer even the hint of an apology and made it sound like it was not really a problem and that even up to the day of travel I could just be moved to another hotel so it wouldn't have impacted my trip.

I'm chalking this up to them switching to their new website format but I have looked at my reservations since then and it did previously show Lucerne correctly so I'm clueless as to how an extension just gets changed like that.

Anyway, just letting others know to keep an eye on their reservations.