Majesty restaurants?

Cruisemom39

Here's a listing of restaurants on the Majesty:

Seven Seas Main Restaurant (Main Dining Room)

Cuisine: Continental

Dress Code: No shorts or jeans after 6:00 p.m. in the dining rooms.

Surcharge: No

Reservations Required: No

Hours

Breakfast: 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.

Lunch: 12:00 noon – 2:30 p.m.

Dinner: 5:30 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.

Four Seasons Main Restaurant (Main Dining Room)

Hours

Le Bistro

Cuisine: Light Italian & Continental

Surcharge: Yes, $15 per person

Reservations Required: Yes

Hours

Check onboard

Café Royale

Cuisine: Assorted Buffet, Snacks

Dress Code: Casual

Hours

Breakfast: 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.

Lunch: 12:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.

Dinner: 6:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m.

Piazza San Marco

Cuisine: Hamburgers, Hot Dogs/ Pizza, Ice Cream

Hours

Check onboard

While's there's only one pay specialty restaurant, there's the two free main dining rooms plus the two cafes on the Sun Deck.

Here's a listing of restaurants on the Majesty:

Hours

Hours

Le Bistro

Hours

Check onboard

Café Royale

Hours

Piazza San Marco

Hours

Check onboard

While's there's only one pay specialty restaurant, there's two free main dining rooms plus the two free cafes on the Sun Deck.

Here's a listing of restaurants on the Majesty

Hours

Hours

Le Bistro

Hours

Check onboard

Café Royale

Hours

Piazza San Marco

Hours

Check onboard

While there's only one pay speciality restaurants, there is two free main dining rooms and two free cafeterias on the Sun Deck.

NOTE: We did not eat in the main dining rooms on Caribbean Night nor the last night of the cruise (see above menu)...we ate in the ROYAL OBSERVATORY (reservations required but no cover charge) for both nights. The menu there was similar in format and featured Italian style selections (although they were not the "red" sauce Italian foods one might expect). Since this "restaurant" is a lounge by day and is located on Deck 9 far away from the galley, the menu selections are not as numerous as in the main dining rooms. There were only two main course entrees offered each night. The first night I had Beef Stroganoff, the second night I had Pork in Cream Sauce. Both were served over pasta. I originally thought that the menu for the "Pasta Cafe" would be the same each night and was pleasantly surprised to find that they do offer a different menu each night. It is an intimate and quiet place to eat which overlooks the bow of the ship, giving you a "Captain's" view of the sea and sunset (if you are fortunate to get one). There is a piano player there. The only problem we had with that dining venue was that the tables were bolted to the floor and only accommodated two or four people (you could put a fifth person on the window ledge with a cushion at the tables for four). It was a difficult room to get my mother-in-law into with a wheelchair unless you arrived when they first opened. The tables/chairs are in very close proximity to each other for negotiating a wheelchair around when people are already seated. It is also a two tiered room and there are ramps to the upper level, but difficult to navigate with the wheelchair when people are seated. This is a quote from Debjo from 08/2004 - This is where I read of the pasta restaurant. I guess its changed since last year!

Thanks, Electricon - and where did you find that information? I couldn't find it on the NCL website?!

We dined at the Pasta Cafe one evening on Norwegian Majesty in August 2005. It was the best meal of the cruise. Reservations were required, and could be made at one of the customer service desks. The menus for the week were there, too, for all of the dining rooms as well as the Pasta Cafe, which made it easier to decide which evening to select.

Similar experience for us in June - We had a family group of 15, and planned two group dinners, one early in the cruise, one on the last night. We checked out the Pasta Cafe menu one day, and was disappointed in the two selections, especially with 15 people involved. We came up with an alternative plan until I happened to meet the Hotel Director. He advised me that the menu changed each day, and if anyone was not happy with the selections offerred that night, the chef would be pleased to come up with an alternative, like pasta and a red sauce. As it turned out, the two items were terrific, a white and red choice, and we all had difficulty choosing between the two.

They seated us in the bow window, at three tables, and we did use the end of the table with a cushion. We were overwhelmed withe service, incl. the Maitre D, wine steward, and three wait persons attending to us. Somehow we got an extra dinner, and the waitstaff heard us discussing how we would share it at our table. Since they were aware that we had difficulty choosing between the two items, they then brought several side orders of each entree for us to sample. We were stuffed with all the extra food!!

I would highly recommend the Royal Observatory for its' view and its' Pasta Cafe. We truely missed a good opportunity for enjoying some cocktails and enterainment there. Fortunately we did get a brief glimpse of a sunset that night, as it had been raining during dinner, but the clouds broke for a short look at the sun through the tropical like sky. By the time I got outside to take a picture, the clouds were back.

I doubt they have done away with it!!!

We are really looking forward to trying Bistro and Pasta Cafe, now we just have to decide out which nights. We will have kids in tow, and will have to figure out if there are two nights when the kids can dine with the youth counselors, or make res. later so we can take them to an early dinner ourselves and then to Kids Crew so we can enjoy those restaurants. Any suggestions??

Traveled on Majesty 9/25 and there were 2 speciality restaurants both at $15 pp additional. We did not try either. Menu at pasta was very limited. In general, we were very disappointed in the food. Ive been on many cruises before and this is the first time I have had this experience and we were not the only ones expressing this. Maybe there was a different chef for that week, dont know. Good thing though, didnt have to worry about gaining weight!

when we sailed on the crown last summer the pasta cafe was not additional charge - you did need to make reservations - the bistro did have a charge.

i would double check the info on the charge for the pasta cafe when you arrive (thats when you make reservations anyway)

Sharon

From all my research the only pay restaraunt is the LeBistro. I have not seen a charge for any other rest. I could be wrong tho.

I did hear of a lounge that serves "Tapas" nightly and I cannot remember the name ? anyone know. I read where this is a great place to do "appetizers" and have a cocktail before dining in the DR. Thanks

Archived