Beauty Salon Prices

bride and groom

Since I know the men will see the subject and keep going, I'm going to address to the ladies of the board...

We're going to be sailing on the Constellation and my Mother-In-Law is the type that has a standing weekly appointment with her salon. Can you give me a rough idea of prices? For example a wash and set?

And for me, I'd love to do something special with my hair on formal evenings, perhaps a french twist or some other type of updo. Can you also give me prices you've paid for this service.

Lastly, I've heard mixed reviews about having your hair done on ships. Can you tell me of your own personal experience - anything from NEVER AGAIN to ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL - I just want to know what to expect or perhaps skipping it all together if it isn't worth the time or money.

Thanks a bunch! Looking forward to your replies.

I can't help you with prices since I didn't have my hair done, but I am sure someone will answer your post. However, on my recent Constellation cruise several people traveling with me had their hair done and were very happy with the results. It can be quite hard to get an appointment especially on formal nights so book early. I had a manicure and pedicure and thought the price was ridiculous and the results not fantastic.

These prices were on the Century in May,2003. I don't know if the prices have changed since then or not. I have a 'Menu of Services' and was looking at it tonight getting ready for my next trip on 6/12/04

Wash and Blow Dry:
Short hair: $33, Medium: $33, Long $50.00

Cut, Wash & Blow Dry:
Short hair:$57, Medium: $72, Long $77.00

Men's Wash, cut and style: $32

Solo Delight Luxury Pedicure: $61
Hand Ritual Manicure: $44.00

I did not try any of these last year but considering it on this next cruise.

Hope this help.

Last December on the Century there was a formal night special for an updo (cut and styled) that included some type of crystal barrette, for $60. I was talking to some ladies who had it done and they looked great. If you do this you need to book early, formal night appts go fast.

Terri

Skyward - 1989
Carnivale - 1991
Holiday - 1994
Fantasy - 1998
Century - 2002
Century - 2003
Jubilee - 7/04
Century - 9/04
Coral Princess - 3/05
Valor - 10/05

Days til Valor Vampires Cruise
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
[img]http://www.bigotis.com/valorvampires.gif[/img]

I had an updo on my last cruise on Infinity and was extremely happy with it. The lady used about 100 pins in my hair, so there was no way it was coming down anytime that evening! I believe it was about $30 plus tip, which was worth it since we had some gorgeous pictures taken and still enjoy looking at them.

Updo $ 30
Pictures 50
Memories Priceless!

Hilary

Archived