Car seat on Carnival Liberty?

jennyh_1

I think they drive like maniacs in Cozumel .

Yes, they do drive like maniacs, but they are experienced in that kind of driving since its part of their daily life. Personally, I'd trust a local taxi driver over my own driving skills.

You know what is way scarier in my opinion? American tourists on rented jeeps and scooters that have never driven outside the US, or who have never driven a car with a manual transmission. To make things worse, many are sipping on beers as they are driving down the road to the next beach bar.

Edited by Tapi

I have been to Cozumel many times in taxis and have been in taxi's with seatbelts. I don't know if we have rode in one without seatbelts (just can't remember) but I am sure there are some without them as well. When my daughter was 15 months she still fit in the infant (bucket seat) so we had that with us then and I remember we were able to strap her in. The other times that we have taken her we have not used the car seat but we have had a seat belt for her. I would say if the taxi does not have seatbelts, ask to take the next one. There should be something.

You will likely not find anywhere to rent one though. I would recommend bringing your own if you are concerned about it.

I know they now make these inflatable booster seats that you can buy, if your child is big enough. My DD is 5 and it feels like she will never weigh enough for it. I think its something like 40 pounds and my DD is very petite.