Oasis Suite Sun Deck?s

Gaile

We are looking forward to being back on the Oasis and wondering if the sun deck for suite guests has the same type of cabana's and full bar like on the Allure. Tried to search the forum and/or find pictures online but only find information about Allure. Traveling with family members who definitely need shade and enjoyed the cabana's on Allure back in January. Thanks in advance to anyone who can share some current Oasis info.

We were on in November. Yes - the full bar is there. It tended to open a bit later (maybe 10 am) - not sure how late it stayed open. maybe 6 pm. There were cabanas - first come, first served. They were often chair hogged. We happen to be "those people" that bartenders like - we treat them like people and we tip. After a few chair hog days, he said that if we got there at 9 am the next day, he would make sure the cabana attendant saved one for us. We did and there was. One note though - they tended to get really HOT - no wind. We stayed there for a few hours and then picked up our stuff and found a cooler spot. There are loungers by the bar, on the other side and a few tables and loungers overlooking the main pool. have fun.

Thanks for the quick intel. We found the cabanas to go early on the Allure as well but also flexible staff to watch out for you early if you treated them well. If anyone has any pictures that they can post, that would be great. Thx!

All good and accurate answers, at least from our trip March 2015 in an OS. We were able to snag a cabana one day when I happened to be standing there when the deck attendant took down his rope after hosing down the deck.

We didn't stay more than a couple of hours as it was to hot and there was no breeze. Personally, I wouldn't waste my time on one.

We did find plenty of shade by just moving around as the orientation of the sun changed and there are plenty of overhangs. If you search for "photos of oasis suite sun deck" they will come up.

The bar did open later than most, especially on port days, so I would walk down to one of the pool bars if I couldn't wait.

• 5 months later...
Thanks for the links. So, it looks as though there are views over Solarium as well as the maine pools?

It's 360' , 4 areas, bar, loungers, cabanas, and tables/chairs. In the middle there is a hall which has restrooms, elevator, crew entrance to bar, yes to your questions

Edited by setsail

Thanks for the links. So, it looks as though there are views over Solarium as well as the maine pools?

Correct.

They're cabanas that over look the Solarium.

Back side is the seating area. On the bar side (port) has loungers.

Back side looks over the atrium not the pool. That area toward the back is pretty narrow and can get really hot as there is no breeze. We found the starboard side to our liking except the bar was around the on the port side. But a short walk. Deck service was lacking, but that's OK as I hate to be bother every five minutes asking if I want a drink.

Pool towels were usually sitting on a chair by the bar, but not always. The bar seemed to open later than most so it's just a short walk to the bar a deck down.