Help with Cabins on Carnival Splendor

hschlink

Hi All,

I’m interested in a cruise that leaves April 9th 2017 on the Splendor visiting Amber Cove, St. Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk. I’m wondering if you have advice one which cabin are the best. We are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 11 year old kids) so it’s best if each child has their own bed. We are also interested in a balcony room for the first time but I know I don’t want a really expensive one as I’m trying to keep the cost of this vacation down! Is there a better side of the ship for views when in port? How about a better floor? Also, if we decide on an ocean view room does anyone have any suggestions for this room type as well?

Thanks in advance! :cool:

Ocean View cabins on the Splendor are larger than the balcony cabins. The square footage of the balcony is incorporated into the OV.

A quad balcony or OV will have a sofa (daybed) and a bunk overhead.

Price out different options, never know what'll be cheaper.

Can the kids have their own cabin? If so, does it have to be connecting?

Quad OV

Quad Balcony

Double OV/Double OV

Double OV/Double Inside

Two double insides

Double balcony/double inside

Etc

Edited by SadieN

Last summer I stayed in an Aft balcony cabin. Decent size and the balcony on the back of the ship is amazing in my opinion.

It was only two of us in the cabin, but it has the two bed and a couch.

Any other questions about splendor please ask, it was one of our favorite ships!

Hi All,

I’m interested in a cruise that leaves April 9th 2017 on the Splendor visiting Amber Cove, St. Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk. I’m wondering if you have advice one which cabin are the best. We are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 11 year old kids) so it’s best if each child has their own bed. We are also interested in a balcony room for the first time but I know I don’t want a really expensive one as I’m trying to keep the cost of this vacation down! Is there a better side of the ship for views when in port? How about a better floor? Also, if we decide on an ocean view room does anyone have any suggestions for this room type as well?

Thanks in advance! :cool:

We are very partial to balcony cabins on Lido deck. They are close to the pools and the buffet. It's a quick walk back to the cabin for forgotten items or to use our own restroom. They are a higher category so they are a little costlier.

One piece of advice for any cabin is to look at a deck plan and make sure there are cabins above and below the one you are considering. You don't want to be above the disco or below the pool due to noise from those venues.