Need Exact Entrances for Splash Academy on Norwegian Getaway

djhenze

Hi all! I'm traveling on the Norwegian Getaway in November and need the exact location of entrances to Splash Academy. I know Splash Academy is on both floors 12 and 13. Are there entrances on both floors that are always open? Starboard or port side (across from room #x would be perfect info!)

Thank you!!!

Thank you! Now I am worried... our cabin is on deck 13 and the NCL rep guaranteed there is an entrance to Splash Academy on deck 13 too. Unfortunately a flight of stairs is a big deal for my daughter so we would prefer to be on the same deck. Any Getaway experts out there?

Thank you for the reply!

I did a little more researching and it appears Deck 12 is for Turtles (3 - 5 yrs.) and Seals (6 - 9 yrs.) Deck 13 is for Dolphins (10 - 12 yrs.) Check-in desks on both floors even in the off season (November).

Can any of the Getaway experts confirm if this is true?

Thanks!

Everyone enters and checks in on Deck 12!! They do divide into groups, and the older age group is upstairs, but all kids always enter and exit on 12. The "entrance" upstairs is only used for emergencies, or sometimes if the groupings leaving together for group activities.

Edit: this info is from our cruise 2 years ago, so maybe that has changed? There were 1000 kids on our cruise, so the club was packed, and they still only used the deck 12 entrance.

Edited by LrgPizza

Everyone enters and checks in on Deck 12!! They do divide into groups, and the older age group is upstairs, but all kids always enter and exit on 12. The "entrance" upstairs is only used for emergencies, or sometimes if the groupings leaving together for group activities.

Edit: this info is from our cruise 2 years ago, so maybe that has changed? There were 1000 kids on our cruise, so the club was packed, and they still only used the deck 12 entrance.

We were on the Getaway last week and this is how check in worked.

The entrance was located between the port and starboard elevators in the forward elevator lobby.

Edited by OneParticularHarbour 71

We were on the Getaway last week and this is how check in worked.

The entrance was located between the port and starboard elevators in the forward elevator lobby.

Yes -- check in is deck 12 forward, right between the elevators. All kids check in here (except for times when there are activities on the sports court, in which check in would be at that location).

Is your child anxious about being on a different floor than you? Or is there another reason for getting a stateroom close by? Would your child feel more comfortable if you had a phone/pager where you could be reached? If so, you may be able to check one out from the kid's club.

Thank you for all of the replies! It's actually a mobility issue. She is 11 and will be a dolphin. I guess my best bet is to switch to deck 12 for the signin desk. Does anyone know if there is an elevator inside the splash academy? I have tried to call NCL, but no one has been able to help...

Thank you for all of the replies! It's actually a mobility issue. She is 11 and will be a dolphin. I guess my best bet is to switch to deck 12 for the signin desk. Does anyone know if there is an elevator inside the splash academy? I have tried to call NCL, but no one has been able to help...

I'm pretty sure there isn't. The main elevators are located right outside the entrance. You would most likely check her in, and then a staff member would take her up on the main elevator to a private entrance. On embarkation day, you will be allowed to enter the club and check everything out. Since they service thousands of kids every week, you can feel comfortable that your situation isn't going to be anything new to them. I'd move to deck 12, and then no worries.