Cozumel - Amazing Secret River - Weight Limit

KristynMc

Hi all!

My husband and I will be going to Cozumel for our first wedding anniversary in November.

We are very interested in The Amazing Secret River excursion. However, I see that there is a weight limit listed as 250lb. What is the reason for this weight limit, and do you think it will be enforced? My husband is 6'2 and over 250lb, where as I am under 250lb, but 5'2 and overweight. We weren't sure of its because the wet suit might not fit, or if it was for a serious safety concern.

Thanks for your help!

I would guess there are several reasons including wet suit size, tight confined spaces, and steep wet slippery surfaces.

This is my favorite excursion that I've ever done through carnival. I hope you can do it because you will love it.

We just did this in March- its very cool- but it's a long day. The on,y thing would be because of the wet suit and life jacket. They were super helpful on this excursion. I would book it and then when you go to check-in inquire about the issue. The host from the tour company is going to give you the best information. If they say no- you'll get you're money back - but I can't imagine they will.

Your experience may differ. If there is a weight limit and your guide chooses to follow it, they can and you may find yourself in an awkward predicament. Some excursion operators do use a weight scale, some do not. If you are within 5-10 pounds, it might be waived but 25+, not likely.

I was on a horseback riding excursion last summer and we all had to get on a scale. My son was once on a parasailing excursion and they did not let one of the guys go up even though he was on the boat. I know both of these are different circumstances and were safety factors especially for the horses but I would definitely check before I went there and was disappointed.