Adjoining room difference?

gumballz

The only reason for not wanting it is that they can be a bit more noisy than a complete wall, but it is not a signifant issue. Personally, I pick a room that is not adjoining, but I don't have an issue if only adjoining are available. I have had both and really noticed no difference.

It depends on our neighbors...oh and no, the door can not be opened by either side, unless unlocked by your attendant, so no chance of someone 'barging' in on you half-dressed.

We are considering an adjoining room (JS) on our Dec 06 Navigator cruise. Of course the people in the other cabin are with us....my question is, is it true that the balcony partition can also be opened on these rooms for the duration of our cruise??

We just shared an adj rooms with teens. They had their MP3 player and speakers so I closed door to see if it would be noisy in the room if we were not with them. It was pretty sound proof. I would try for a room w/out the adj door but if that is impossible it really is not a big deal.

The adjoining balcony walls on the Norwegian Dawn can be opened. IT worked great for the group of us on our cruise in June 2005. As we had three rooms together and could walk from balcony to balcony. Only two of the rooms has the adjoining door; ours went to a room with someone we didn't know. But, when traveling in a group with multiple ooms it is great. And, it made no matter to us. No extra noise, etc., etc. Didn't spend that much time in the room anyway. Just enjoy & have fun!!:)

Your friends don't fart?:D

Yes they do, but that doesn't mean I want to hear it. I was just saying that unless you really need an adjoining room, don't get it. You never know what you might hear. We are sailing on the Freedom with friends next year, and we don't even have adjoining rooms. I like my peace and quiet, and with a door between rooms, I don't think I will get it.

8_1_224.gif Let me get this staraight-adjoining rooms are bad because of the farting??

Ok, but what if they are all "SBD"?

For those of you not in the know, SBD=silent but deadly.

If they were SBD, you would never hear them in the next cabin, so it would be ok, right???

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb062&pp=ZNxdm824CFUS

8_1_224.gif Let me get this staraight-adjoining rooms are bad because of the farting??

Ok, but what if they are all "SBD"?

For those of you not in the know, SBD=silent but deadly.

If they were SBD, you would never hear them in the next cabin, so it would be ok, right???

As long as I don't have to smell them, or hear them, it is ok to fart. lol. This conversation is getting out of control. Oh, and by the way....my farts don't stink. lol.

16_15_13.gif You know, on a serious note, I just realized that I am in an adjoining cabin on the FOS on 6/25/06-all this talk about noises from the neighbors has gotten me thinking-I didn't really have that much of a chioce of cabins, as I need a triple and they are very hard to come by for FOS this summer-so I took what I could get and was happy to get it-but I don't think I have ever been in an adjoining, so I never really thought about it.

But, in all honesty, I have 2 sons and a husband-I'm the only female for miles in my home-there's no noise that could possibly come from the cabin next door that could possibly be new to me-

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb065&pp=ZNxdm824CFUS

We are just back from Navigator - first week - adjoining room, second week not. First week the German lady in the cabin next door coughed constantly - anytime we were in our cabin, she seemed to be in hers! At one point I thought about buying some cough medicine and leaving it outside her door! Second week was so quiet! BLiss - I would avoid adjoining cabins in future - I suppose it is just your luck! Maybe we did something that annoyed the German lady that we were unaware of as I'm sure she did not realise how annoying her cough was!

If you NEED connecting cabins to be with your kids or whatever, I recommend them. Beats having to go in and out of the hall to see the people you are cruising with. Be aware that you will not have a small sofa in your cabin.....you will have a chair. BUT, you will have 2 bathrooms and 2 closets.

If you do not NEED the connecting cabins, however, you should save them for families who do. They are sometimes hard to come by.

We had an adjoining cabin on the Voyager of the Seas on the September 23 cruise in the Western Caribbean. Most of the time it was quiet. However, once, during the middle of the night we were awakened by furious verbal noises in a language that I don't understand, (I think it was Spanish) and shaking doorknob sounds from the area of our adjoining door. After I called out, (in English), "That's not the bathroom door!", those noises stopped quickly. Also, for a few hours on a couple of nights, the music from the other room was very loud and awakened us. Other than that, we had no problem.

One other note: We were in a Junior Suite, and should have had a walk-in closet. But the adjoining door and walk-space took up that area. So, the closet was smaller. But, the storage space in the room was more than adequate, so we didn't miss the large closet at all!

Archived