Bistro on 5 on Reflection replaced?

S.O.C.I.O.C.A.T.s

or is it going to be another crush in the self-service restaurant!

We boarded early, 11h30ish, stopped for a quick drink at the Martini Bar, and then headed up to the Buffet maybe 12:30ish, it was surprisingly quiet. After reading so many comments on these boards about the mad house of the first day I was expecting something crazy. It was very civilized.

No crush that day, maybe it gets worse much later.

Had Sushi for lunch one day and it was good but a little too pricey in my opinion.

Edited by monicajay

We boarded early, 11h30ish, stopped for a quick drink at the Martini Bar, and then headed up to the Buffet maybe 12:30ish, it was surprisingly quiet. After reading so many comments on these boards about the mad house of the first day I was expecting something crazy. It was very civilized.

No crush that day, maybe it gets worse much later.

Had Sushi for lunch one day and it was good but a little too pricey in my opinion.

We generally try to board as early as poss then head to the buffet first for a quiet lunch before the rush, generally it tends to get a little crazy around 1pm...

MDR, Blu, and Luminae should be open for lunch sea days. Not on port days, however. They've apparently also been testing the MDR being open to CC guests on embarkation day.

On our recent Silhouette TA we were invited to the MDR for lunch due to our CC cabin. It was a limited menu but nice gesture.

We just did a cruise on Reflection and ate at the Sushi bar three times. Two of the times we ate with people who Dont eat raw fish and they loved it. There are many choices, chicken dumplings, shrimp dumplings and many rolls to choose from, even a vegetarian roll. The quality of the fish they are using is medium....But when you are eating Shrimp tempura rolls (fried shrimps)...for us it was fine. We stuck to the Salmon rolls as the Tuna tasted too fishy for us. Overall, the price quality ratio was excellent and we ate here 4 lunches during our transatlantic.

Celebrity said that the Sushi bar is a clear success and will be going on Every ship. The Millennium is being fitting out with one during the drydock. Thankfully Celebrity is keeping up with the times.

Safe sails!