NCL Dawn 1/2/06- boarding question

travelteam

My hb uses a scooter for the cruise, otherwise a very slow walker who tires easily. My question is about boarding. When we arrive in NYC will NCL have wheel chairs available for our boarding? We rented a scooter to be delivered to our HC stateroom. I don't usually travel with our light-weight manual wheel chair since I try not to bring to many things with me. :)

Any suggestions about how to manage the ship would be grately appreciated. We have a HC cabin on the 10th deck in the aft.

I arrived to the port at 2:45 so I'm not sure how early you can board. From what I've read on other boards, boarding can sometimes start as early as 11- 11:30. It all depends on whether the ship is on time arriving to port. If it's early, the passengers get off earlier and you can board earlier, if it's late you have the opposite.

I don't know where you are coming from on the Island. It took us a little over an hour to get to the port from Levittown. Crosstown traffic can be a nightmare. Next time we are going to take to Cross Bronx to the West Side Highway!

We will be on the Dawn 11/10 and my husband uses a can because of a back injury. He has trouble walking any great distance and cannot stand for long. I called NLC and have arranged for a wheelchair for him to use while boarding. Hopefully it will be there.

Archived