We are almost booked........

Mattnvick

So my dh is in the booking site and im typing this on my phone. We have an odd shaped balcony (10218) but I think I located it on a Google search image and I know I can look aft but not fwd, not a problem (it's our first balcony so as far as I'm concerned it's all good :D) no all steel as the pic looked like blue plexiglass and no lifeboats as I think that's deck 8.

We are going with fantastica and so far it has let us purchase 4 books of 18 vouchers and that's plenty for us and still cheaper than the unlimited.

It has however changed my birthdate by 2 days but having read all the stuff about the website I'm not panicing too much (yet) :) I will just try and resist keep looking at my booking so I don't freak if it changes me to another gender or my dh to an Italian or any other nationality other then Canadian.

Didn't offer is any dining times though so not sure what that is about......... Any thoughts on why??

Ok so since typing this he has pressed the pay button and we have received an email confirmation. Let the fun begin.

Finally what is MSC's policy on bringing any wine on board. Maybe you cant?? I know RCI (our only other cruise) let's you bring 2 bottles. And as we have a balcony that might be quite nice if it's allowed. Any info. there would be appreciated.

Having never had any interest in cruising until my son suggested we go last February for a family holiday and we did a dip a toe in the water for 4 nights I'm now totally hooked and looking fwd to November.

Edited by Mattnvick

So my dh is in the booking site and im typing this on my phone. We have an odd shaped balcony (10218) but I think I located it on a Google search image and I know I can look aft but not fwd, not a problem (it's our first balcony so as far as I'm concerned it's all good :D) no all steel as the pic looked like blue plexiglass and no lifeboats as I think that's deck 8.

We are going with fantastica and so far it has let us purchase 4 books of 18 vouchers and that's plenty for us and still cheaper than the unlimited.

It has however changed my birthdate by 2 days but having read all the stuff about the website I'm not panicing too much (yet) :) I will just try and resist keep looking at my booking so I don't freak if it changes me to another gender or my dh to an Italian or any other nationality other then Canadian.

Didn't offer is any dining times though so not sure what that is about......... Any thoughts on why??

Ok so since typing this he has pressed the pay button and we have received an email confirmation. Let the fun begin.

Finally what is MSC's policy on bringing any wine on board. Maybe you cant?? I know RCI (our only other cruise) let's you bring 2 bottles. And as we have a balcony that might be quite nice if it's allowed. Any info. there would be appreciated.

Having never had any interest in cruising until my son suggested we go last February for a family holiday and we did a dip a toe in the water for 4 nights I'm now totally hooked and looking fwd to November.

Congrats MattnVick on your booking!!! First,,,I would call MSC and speak to a personal vacation consultant. You want to make sure your birthday and in fact,,everyones information is correct,,,and secondly you will want to choose your dining preference. A PVC will be able to take care of all of this for you. Finally,,MSC does not allow wine or any kind of alcohol to be brought onboard. You'll find the drink prices onboard to be very reasonable though!!:D

This is the sign you will see just after the x-ray scanners each time you board and there will a member of staff there to take your alcohol into safe keeping for you, to be returned o the last night of your cruise.

P1050829.jpg

P1050829A.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Your balcony will look like this

balconybiggestcorner.jpg

Pete