Which cruise is right for us!?!

I don't know of any cruiseline that allows under 18s to book without at least a 21 year old, if not a 25 year old in the room. Princess allows 18 year olds to book by themselves, but the rest of the cruiselines are at least 21.

There was a group of graduating seniors on our cruise last May. I spoke with 1 of the chaperones and she said on RCI they had to have 51% be chaperones. So basically it was almost 1 on 1. They had 25 kids and 26 chaperones. I don't know if that policy is still in effect. I do know that RCI was considering dropping the age to 21 alos, but don't know if they have.

All cruise lines with the exception of NCL and Disney require one person in the cabin to be 25 years of age if anyone is under 21. NCL and Disney require a person 21 or older to be in the cabin. If you are not planning on adults to be with you another type of vacation would be better. Of course I will also ask you to be careful whatever you decide to do for your senior party. NMnita

Thankyou for the responces! So age 21 or age 25 seems to be the magic number. But someone said that you could be under 18 to go on a princess cruise? I am thinking about going with 4 other friends. They will all be 18 and I will still be 17.

You should call customer service at Princess to find out what their requirements are. Since you are still a minor they may not allow you to be in a cabin with others that are still teens without a parent or guardian present. At a minimum, they will likely require some documentation from your parents allowing you to go on the cruise.

Archived